5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

Usmc041127

Reaction score
My other automotive interest is Corvettes. You guy should see what’s going on with the new C8. Guys are waiting over a year to get one at a handful of dealers that will sell at MSRP, or paying $10-30k over sticker for one on the lot. Many of the folks that waited a year are flipping them for a tidy profit. This has been going on since pre-Covid. It’s one of the reasons I’m upgrading my truck, getting a new Vette is way out of my pay grade right now…
I had a vette for a year. Them things depreciate more than just about any other vehicle out there. I didn't realize just how bad until I had one. Used ones is definitely a better purchase. Mine was an 11 grandsport I bought with 7k miles. Traded it in for 3k less a year later with 8200 miles. The only reason I did is because I got a smoking deal on a new Tacoma in 18. The dealer had 5 identical white ones and I guess that looks bad on a dealers lot. Somany identical trucks. Was one of my better trades. I sold the Tacoma last year and made money off of it.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
I had a vette for a year. Them things depreciate more than just about any other vehicle out there. I didn't realize just how bad until I had one. Used ones is definitely a better purchase. Mine was an 11 grandsport I bought with 7k miles. Traded it in for 3k less a year later with 8200 miles. The only reason I did is because I got a smoking deal on a new Tacoma in 18. The dealer had 5 identical white ones and I guess that looks bad on a dealers lot. Somany identical trucks. Was one of my better trades. I sold the Tacoma last year and made money off of it.
I suspect it’s all about timing. I have a 2012 GS and a 2016 Stingray, both convertibles. Bought the 16 when it was 10 months old with 7700 miles for 40% below MSRP. I had planned to sell it right before the C8’s came out, sit on the money and put it down on a gently used C8. I’m glad I didn’t, because every other guy with a C7 did the same thing, and the value tanked. Fast forward a year and all those same guys find out they can’t get a C8, so they go looking for a nice C7 to hold them over, and find the price on clean C7’s shot way up. I’ll bet dollars to donuts I could sell mine for more than I paid for it right now. ADF7EEC6-447E-43BA-8164-B56198291E16.jpeg

Maccam

Reaction score
I got the same email about two weeks before they actually built my truck. I think it's auto generated after you do a Ram Chat session...
ive ramchatted alot,and never recieved an email from them

Maccam

Reaction score
Finally got my build sheet this morning and the dealer called to tell me my truck was loaded on the rail this morning. Is everything shut down for holiday break or just the plant?
wheres delco pa,my truck is going to blairsville,pa.its being trucked there from detroit,and has been sitting in the stockyard for 2 weeks

PaHydroRam

Reaction score
wheres delco pa,my truck is going to blairsville,pa.its being trucked there from detroit,and has been sitting in the stockyard for 2 weeks
South East PA. Last truck sat at the yard for 1 1/2weeks but I’m going to keep calling the dealer to get on it as the yard is 10 miles away from them

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got my build sheet this morning and the dealer called to tell me my truck was loaded on the rail this morning. Is everything shut down for holiday break or just the plant?
Congrats and I'm wondering the same....mine is built but I'm afraid it will sit for a week or more to get on a train!

JDK6653

Reaction score
Contacted RamChat, been advised all the parts needed are acquired and the Rebel is scheduled to be built. Hopefully this is not more of RamChat's BS.
Contacted dealer and dealer confirmed I was in D1 status. Anyone know how long you stay in D1 until production begins?

PaHydroRam

Reaction score
Congrats and I'm wondering the same....mine is built but I'm afraid it will sit for a week or more to get on a train!
Yeah that’s my concern but I’m the same sense that fact it’s finally built will have me riding that high for a couple days.

Cda3488

Reaction score
Contacted dealer and dealer confirmed I was in D1 status. Anyone know how long you stay in D1 until production begins?
Stayed in it for just a few days but now I’m stuck in body vendor for a week now. And, all they are doing is spraying a freaking bed liner. If I would have known that I would have sprayed it in after I got the truck. Good luck!

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My first and second orders went from D1 to production in one/two weeks.. But don't get too excited, there's really no rhyme or reason!! sounds you are making progress!

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah that’s my concern but I’m the same sense that fact it’s finally built will have me riding that high for a couple days.
My biggest concern was that it wouldn't get built as ordered! BUT it was so I'm pumped and even more excited to get my hands/foot on it! Trying to be patience but that's not my strong suite! And definitely riding that high! Hoping for a WS tonight.

speedbyu

[hacked account]
Reaction score
Mercedes are worse

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Cda3488

Reaction score
Added 1067 Window Stickers tonight. 6 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @DonnieT0025, @Alx, @louitino123, @yup ram, @Phenomenon1561, @Veneno

VINBSWSSTATECOLORSERIES
100594 @DonnieT0025XXFloridaGraniteRebel
119735 @AlxXXLouisianaGraniteLaramie
150887 @louitino123XXNew HampshireBlackRebel
230010 @yup ramXXMichiganWhiteLaramie
241111 @Phenomenon1561XXNorth DakotaGraniteLaramie
248008 @VenenoXXCaliforniaBlueLaramie
Well, guess we can all quit looking for about a week now! Gonna enjoy the lack of stress every night lol

Users who are viewing this thread