5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess I have one more chance to get a WS tonight before the shutdown. If not tonight it will be after the first of the year. So I might as well sit back and enjoy Christmas and the New Year!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too ALL!!

Ram_702

Reaction score
After 35 years, I moved out of The 702 in April. I swear every dealer in the L.V. Valley are a just roving pack of thieves. I hope you didn't order from "The Chopper"... 🙄
You aint lying… I found one dealer that made it easy for me to order after some tension occurred. I found a 2021 limited blackout eco truck with everything I wanted online at the dealer site I’m with now. Sales guys said come on down. I grabbed my wife and drive down there. Sales guy had the car washed , opened doors hood and was ready to test drive and I was going to buy it. Manager walked out as we were getting ready to go and waved he arms and said this truck had already been sold. Sales guy was like WTF??? Wasn’t sales guys fault. I actually liked him. He told the mgr it was available in their system. Mgr was like NOPE. Real abruptly. I was pissed and said “so where does this leave us? We just drove 1/2 an hour on your word this truck was available”. All the mgr said was “sorry it’s not”. I was openly agitated and I got him to commit to giving me a deal on a 2022 order for screwing my day up. I ended up getting 9-10% off MSRP. No one in the 702 was offering anything but MSRP or more so I took it and been waiting ever since.

The sales guy quit or got fired shortly after and it was clear it wasn’t his fault. He was good dude trying to get a sale. Since then the comms have been close to Zero.

BTW I called several dealers in September and they all claimed Stellantis wasn’t taking orders for 2022’s yet. We all know that’s BS. Too… the 702…

Last edited:

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I guess I have one more chance to get a WS tonight before the shutdown. If not tonight it will be after the first of the year. So I might as well sit back and enjoy Christmas and the New Year!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too ALL!!
they are working next week
don't know if build sheet or window stickers will be available

Mad Cow

Reaction score
You aint lying… I found one dealer that made it easy for me to order after some tension occurred. I found a 2021 limited blackout eco truck with everything I wanted online at the dealer site I’m with now. Sales guys said come on down. I grabbed my wife and drive down there. Sales guy had the car washed , opened doors hood and was ready to test drive and I was going to buy it. Manager walked out as we were getting ready to go and waved he arms and said this truck had already been sold. Sales guy was like WTF??? Wasn’t sales guys fault. I actually liked him. He told the mgr it was available in their system. Mgr was like NOPE. Real abruptly. I was pissed and said “so where does this leave us? We just drove 1/2 an hour on your word this truck was available”. All the mgr said was “sorry it’s not”. I was openly agitated and I got him to commit to giving me a deal on a 2022 order for screwing my day up. I ended up getting 9-10% off MSRP. No one in the 702 was offering anything but MSRP or more so I took it and been waiting ever since.

The sales guy quit or got fired shortly after and it was clear it wasn’t his fault. He was good dude trying to get a sale. Since then the comms have been close to Zero.

BTW I called several dealers in September and they all claimed Stellantis wasn’t taking orders for 2022’s yet. We all know that’s BS. Too… the 702…
I feel your pain. I took me 6 hours to get the advertised price on my Colorado when I bought it in 2018. I swore then, I'd never, ever buy another vehicle in Clark County. When I ordered my Ram here in Idaho, I talked to the manager at length about the quoted price being the price I will pay when the truck shows up. He was puzzled at first, then I told him about my prior experiences in Las Vegas. Apparently, their reputation proceeds them. He knew the horror stories without me going further, said he's sold lots of trucks to Nevadans that are willing to make the 9 hour drive. He also signed my POC stating that the price shown is the price I will pay when the truck arrives...

Ram_702

Reaction score
I feel your pain. I took me 6 hours to get the advertised price on my Colorado when I bought it in 2018. I swore then, I'd never, ever buy another vehicle in Clark County. When I ordered my Ram here in Idaho, I talked to the manager at length about the quoted price being the price I will pay when the truck shows up. He was puzzled at first, then I told him about my prior experiences in Las Vegas. Apparently, their reputation proceeds them. He knew the horror stories without me going further, said he's sold lots of trucks to Nevadans that are willing to make the 9 hour drive. He also signed my POC stating that the price shown is the price I will pay when the truck arrives...
Yep… lesson learned. I’ll definitely order out of State/Clark County next time. Unless these guys I’m with now take care of me to the utmost moving forward. We shall see what price increases they nail me with when the truck arrives and the general pain factor. They can still redeem themselves but I’m sadly not hopeful. Pleasantly surprised if they do. It’s not cancer…! Im not losing sleep over it either way.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
they are working next week
don't know if build sheet or window stickers will be available
I was basing my comment on one of your earlier post in the SHAP thread.

upcoming holidays

shap holidays 2022.jpg

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score

Lived there for nearly a decade. The only car deal I had that went well, while I was there was with Enterprise sales. Had at least a couple dozen interactions with others dealers there and rarely got more than a few minutes into the interactive before something shot up a red flag and I walked away. But, in spite of the good people that I knew while I lived there, there were just to many of the other kind that I had to deal with in a regular basis. So glad I don't live there anymore. I refuse to even visit, unless it's absolutely necessary for work or something.

JDK6653

Reaction score
Contacted RamChat, been advised all the parts needed are acquired and the Rebel is scheduled to be built. Hopefully this is not more of RamChat's BS.

aussie_ram

Reaction score
Yep… lesson learned. I’ll definitely order out of State/Clark County next time. Unless these guys I’m with now take care of me to the utmost moving forward. We shall see what price increases they nail me with when the truck arrives and the general pain factor. They can still redeem themselves but I’m sadly not hopeful. Pleasantly surprised if they do. It’s not cancer…! Im not losing sleep over it either way.

Haven't heard a good word about any car dealer here in the valley, be it Ram or anyone else. This city was built on greed and thieving so it only makes sense that dealerships would be part of that.

rrutkf80

Reaction score
6 months is ridiculous. I've only been 6 weeks , but see same or similar trucks coming off the line ordered after mine.. If the build sequence made some type of sense it would be fine. However There seems to be absolutely no rhyme nor reason .
Seven months and counting here. I've nicknamed it SomeDayMaybe. Just called customer service, all the parts are in the bin and its scheduled for build.. Glad I'm not treading water in concrete pajamas

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I was basing my comment on one of your earlier post in the SHAP thread.

upcoming holidays

shap holidays 2022.jpg
and i updated that a few days ago
what that is, is from their contract where it is the official days off
they almost always take volunteers and my post further down a boss was thanking the ones who will be working next week.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
and i updated that a few days ago
what that is, is from their contract where it is the official days off
they almost always take volunteers and my post further down a boss was thanking the ones who will be working next week.
Yeah, I saw that one too. But sounded to me it would be just a skeleton crew. I hope I'm wrong. Mine has been built but no WS yet. I'm hoping the body vendor folks and shipping folks are working!

myownstatus

Reaction score

Mad Cow

Reaction score
I’ve seen the list and it grows daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My other automotive interest is Corvettes. You guy should see what’s going on with the new C8. Guys are waiting over a year to get one at a handful of dealers that will sell at MSRP, or paying $10-30k over sticker for one on the lot. Many of the folks that waited a year are flipping them for a tidy profit. This has been going on since pre-Covid. It’s one of the reasons I’m upgrading my truck, getting a new Vette is way out of my pay grade right now…

PaHydroRam

Reaction score
Finally got my build sheet this morning and the dealer called to tell me my truck was loaded on the rail this morning. Is everything shut down for holiday break or just the plant?

Users who are viewing this thread