5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
So contacted dealer sayin i saw my window sticker has appeared and if he can give me any new update… his response was not impressive..
d666b7a9c9e0bf8726a50a0b36e65c69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you expect him to say? Or want him to say?

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
I think what may be overlooked a lot is region being shipped to more than parts/options per se (even though that is likely a big factor too). I think me being in Texas and them putting on train to Dallas probably played a role in getting mine built a little sooner verse someone in Georgia who may have a very similar build, where there are likely fewer orders and takes longer to fill up the trains they're shipping these trucks out on?
What you say is quite logical, which also means it is probably wrong. :ROFLMAO:

My VIN is quite a bit before yours, we have very similar builds, and we live about an hour and a half away from each other, but my order is still languishing in D status.

PCHokie

Reaction score
What you say is quite logical, which also means it is probably wrong. :ROFLMAO:

My VIN is quite a bit before yours, we have very similar builds, and we live about an hour and a half away from each other, but my order is still languishing in D status.
I still believe parts are a factor, obviously do not know their business intelligence/rules and how they rack and stack things. While the following hypothetical is completely fictitious and simplistic, lets assume the following:
- Train shipments to major hubs (i.e. Dallas, Atlanta, etc.) are in groups of 1000 trucks
- 400 33 gallon gas tanks in stock
- 1200 orders (401 33 gallon tanks) for region serviced by Dallas hub
- 900 orders (250 w/33 gallon tanks) for region serviced by Atlanta hub

Even though they could build all the Georgia orders, they cannot fill train to ship.

They can fill the train to ship 1k trucks to Texas to include 400 of the orders w/33 gallon tanks. So they build 1k trucks going to Texas with 400 having 33 gallon tank. You are #401 so you do not make cut, but since I only have 26 gallon tank, I get built before you and included in this shipment.

This is what I believe to be happening. I am not a business intelligence or supply chain expert and of course everything I just spoke to is on a much larger scale, so its really just me rambling.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
Have any night editions been built yet or at least in the D1 stage?

Surfnurse311

Reaction score
What did you expect him to say? Or want him to say?

would like to have him say It appears to be in K status estimated ship date xyz maybe an average time for delivery they have been seeing or just Any date to ease my anxiety from this weight since May lol. Any more info than what I know from this forum. Also in reference to your last post my truck is night edition

MatthewMjr

Reaction score
I still believe parts are a factor, obviously do not know their business intelligence/rules and how they rack and stack things. While the following hypothetical is completely fictitious and simplistic, lets assume the following:
- Train shipments to major hubs (i.e. Dallas, Atlanta, etc.) are in groups of 1000 trucks
- 400 33 gallon gas tanks in stock
- 1200 orders (401 33 gallon tanks) for region serviced by Dallas hub
- 900 orders (250 w/33 gallon tanks) for region serviced by Atlanta hub

Even though they could build all the Georgia orders, they cannot fill train to ship.

They can fill the train to ship 1k trucks to Texas to include 400 of the orders w/33 gallon tanks. So they build 1k trucks going to Texas with 400 having 33 gallon tank. You are #401 so you do not make cut, but since I only have 26 gallon tank, I get built before you and included in this shipment.

This is what I believe to be happening. I am not a business intelligence or supply chain expert and of course everything I just spoke to is on a much larger scale, so its really just me rambling.
Well if they are grouping orders why would they build one for Connecticut? I am in Ma. if that was a criteria then would they not produce some for the NE to ship with the one from Connecticut? What they are doing makes very little sense to me? They seem to be taking VIN's at random. There must be some sense to it from their end? I wish we knew what that was so we could figure out when we might get our trucks.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well if they are grouping orders why would they build one for Connecticut? I am in Ma. if that was a criteria then would they not produce some for the NE to ship with the one from Connecticut? What they are doing makes very little sense to me? They seem to be taking VIN's at random. There must be some sense to it from their end? I wish we knew what that was so we could figure out when we might get our trucks.
I'm not saying whether they are grouping by geographic location or not (I just don't know), but if they are then it's not likely "by state". It would probably be "by shipping zone". For example, trucks going to Connecticut are listed as "Zone 32-New York", along with trucks shipping to Maine, New York, New Jersey, etc. Just guessing here, but they probably load rail cars to these zones, and then they're broken down and dispersed within those zones.

SunnyS

Reaction score
I'm not saying whether they are grouping by geographic location or not (I just don't know), but if they are then it's not likely "by state". It would probably be "by shipping zone". For example, trucks going to Connecticut are listed as "Zone 32-New York", along with trucks shipping to Maine, New York, New Jersey, etc. Just guessing here, but they probably load rail cars to these zones, and then they're broken down and dispersed within those zones.
Come on everybody knows the friends and family get there trucks first we have a long wait ahead of us till they are built.

JBV

Reaction score
beg pardon, but what does it mean again when a build sheet is issued? from mine i took this snapshot: i live in BC, i wonder where the Alberta reference comes from. maybe that's how it's organized for shipping or something. either way i'm pretty stoked that something is happening. i hope it passes inspection and get's en route soon.
Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 1.04.58 PM.png

PCHokie

Reaction score
I do not know if my theory is correct, but it makes sense. To me at least. I do not know the threshold of how many trucks it takes to justify to them to load on a train and send to a certain region by rail? From a business perspective though, it makes more sense to me to build and get out of the factory vs building in sequential order and possibly having to store trucks for weeks/months until you can get the truck on a train to be shipped to a certain region of the country. They're not going to build 200 trucks earmarked for the Northeast if the breakeven point to ship out there is 500 trucks.

MatthewMjr

Reaction score
I do not know if my theory is correct, but it makes sense. To me at least. I do not know the threshold of how many trucks it takes to justify to them to load on a train and send to a certain region by rail? From a business perspective though, it makes more sense to me to build and get out of the factory vs building in sequential order and possibly having to store trucks for weeks/months until you can get the truck on a train to be shipped to a certain region of the country. They're not going to build 200 trucks earmarked for the Northeast if the breakeven point to ship out there is 500 trucks.
Your theory could be correct. It makes sense. What is your VIN? I am just trying to find out where your order was to where mine is.

MatthewMjr

Reaction score
1C6RREHT7NN142775

Pi Esq is like 121xxx which was his point about mine going to D1 before him.
That is interesting mine is 120442. I guess you may be right about them grouping for shipping purposes. Seems like the 120XXX group has had no trucks built yet. I remember years ago when the VIN number could be traced back to the day when they built the vehicle.

n00ber

Reaction score
beg pardon, but what does it mean again when a build sheet is issued? from mine i took this snapshot: i live in BC, i wonder where the Alberta reference comes from. maybe that's how it's organized for shipping or something. either way i'm pretty stoked that something is happening. i hope it passes inspection and get's en route soon.
View attachment 106696
Build sheet means just that. Its built. Got to wait for that window sticker now.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think what may be overlooked a lot is region being shipped to more than parts/options per se (even though that is likely a big factor too). I think me being in Texas and them putting on train to Dallas probably played a role in getting mine built a little sooner verse someone in Georgia who may have a very similar build, where there are likely fewer orders and takes longer to fill up the trains they're shipping these trucks out on?
Maybe but mine will be headed to Mark Dodge in Louisiana!! Along with ALL of their other trucks! So the speculation that Georgia orders fewer trucks doesn't hold water. I suspect Mark Dodge alone does more volume that just about any state. (No data at back that up)

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe but mine will be headed to Mark Dodge in Louisiana!! Along with ALL of their other trucks! So the speculation that Georgia orders fewer trucks doesn't hold water. I suspect Mark Dodge alone does more volume that just about any state. (No date at back that up)
I feel like we need a separate Mark Dodge tracker

PCHokie

Reaction score
Maybe but mine will be headed to Mark Dodge in Louisiana!! Along with ALL of their other trucks! So the speculation that Georgia orders fewer trucks doesn't hold water. I suspect Mark Dodge alone does more volume that just about any state. (No data at back that up)
I just used that as an example. The point being, there are numerous variables ranging from zone being shipped to size of gas tanks. It will never be as simple as truck A has Pano roof and B did not, which is why B was built first. Pi Esq (who VIN is 20k lower than mine) and myself are both in same region, have Limited on order, but he has more options than I do. When comparing him and I, it could have been a shortage of a single component that delayed his build and allowed mine to move forward. John Doe in North Dakota could have ordered 2 months before me with exact same build as myself and be waiting because there are not enough vehicles in his region on order to build his and ship there. That is really all I was trying to illustrate.

Users who are viewing this thread