5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

chris288

Reaction score
there are a ton of big horns in transit and on dealer lots, that about all they have right now unless you want to spend 75k on a limited.

speedbyu

[hacked account]
Reaction score
Nice man! Congratulations! If my order doesn’t get built before the new year I might just say f*ck it and buy a Bighorn off the lot too since I already saw one in the same color at my dealership.
Get on cars.com and/or autotrader , there are a ton of Bighorns out there already on the lots. Unfortunately not a lot of longhorns with ram boxes :(

x50

Reaction score
Unless drastically different by region I think this is a typo and they meant 2021 not 2022. Within my zip the 2022 bighorn is $750 discount....that's it.

Here is the page for the 2021s

21.jpg

2022's

22.jpg

Maybe is just a regional thing.

deanno33

Reaction score
Maybe is just a regional thing.
Interesting. When I looked this morning around my area there were two offer options. The 750 or 0% financing. Guess it must vary based on where they have been sending the most trucks.

x50

Reaction score
Interesting. When I looked this morning around my area there were two offer options. The 750 or 0% financing. Guess it must vary based on where they have been sending the most trucks.

I just noticed your signature. I wanted to build that same truck about 2 weeks prior to ordering the Laramie on 11/1 and the dealer only had the BH Level B package available. The premium lighting group and blind-spot monitor options were greyed out and not orderable at that time. I ended up moving to the Laramie where Level 2 was available again with blind spot. I see you went to D1 status about the same time my order did. I think the parts are coming back in stock and it's a good sign for everyone.

Last edited:

Shawn19

Reaction score
Unless drastically different by region I think this is a typo and they meant 2021 not 2022. Within my zip the 2022 bighorn is $750 discount....that's it.
I got the $750 and $500, plus $500 first responder- so 1750 rebates. On a 22 BigHorn Crew.
That package deal stuff is a play on words for the “level 2 package savings” it’s usually on the window sticker.

I’m in central Ohio if location makes a difference.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I know from a north east (Philly area), they try to discredit you for both, so they can get max profit.

One dealer I got my rebel from, wanted longer term loan, to jack up the Apr rate…and I told them that I will walk from the deal if I don’t get a lower rate for 72 months.

I was preapproved for 2 different banks and they wanted to go with “their bank” for higher interest rate to max their profit. I shot that down real quick.

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (wife)

Reactions: x50

Kevkev

Reaction score
I just noticed your signature. I wanted to build that same truck about 2 weeks prior to ordering the Laramie on 11/1 and the dealer only had the BH Level B package available. The premium lighting group and blind-spot monitor options were greyed out and not orderable at that time. I ended up moving to the Laramie where Level 2 was available again with blind spot. I see you went to D1 status about the same time my order did. I think the parts are coming back in stock and it's a good sign for everyone.
Where do you see that the Laramie Level 2 w/ BSM is available again? The Ram Build site doesn’t show it on my end. Or is this something you have to ask the dealer to add on?

x50

Reaction score
Where do you see that the Laramie Level 2 w/ BSM is available again? The Ram Build site doesn’t show it on my end. Or is this something you have to ask the dealer to add on?
It was available to the dealer when they ordered my truck.

Mathis35

Reaction score
I think a couple of us recently went D1 but that's as much progress as I've noticed. Not much online either....old videos and one Canadian dealer with a red BackCountry that someone posted.
That dealership had 5 backcountries at one point lol.

Gearjunkie340

Reaction score
It's listed as "Trailer Camera Wiring Prep Package by Mopar®"

Not sure if that's different from you posted, but I think it is.
trailer wiring prep kit part number

82216274AC 531.00 goes on the truck​

82216068AD 683.00 goes on the trailer and comes with one camera that goes on the back of the trailer. I'm a mechanic and if your not I wouldn't suggest DIY Unless your very good with wiring. This is a listing for a 21 Ram. Couldn't see one for a 22? Might be the same?​

Ramontario21

Reaction score
So Sandi called me this afternoon and of course I was stuck in a meeting. She emailed me and said that they are reaching out to their stellantis rep. I had mentioned that I am willing to make some changes if that gets things moving and brought up how I know Max Steel has been discontinued. I wonder if something has happened and I'm on hold by mistake and they're looking for me to choose a new color. Anyway, she asked what acceptable alternative colors would be if that in fact is a hold up and I let her know.

I guess I'll see what they say, if anything. I was totally fine watching 3 trucks get built with parts that would make up my BS seemingly daily, but watching several that are essentially identical or equipped with more that are higher vins struck a nerve. All I can come up with is that it's a legit hold because of my color choice or they are prioritizing trucks with a higher MSRP.....
I know we have had this conversation before but i am 99 percent certain its the colour change thats holding you up and for that the blame has to go on the dealer...i know in my case if i hadnt hounded my dealer i would have never found out that they had put my build to the side until i responded with a colour change....so instead of getting my 21 swtiched over in late june it only got switched over in early august and therefore i was put further back on the list....ordered March 24th....dealer called the other day and said scheduled for build Nov 26th...over 9 months....

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
trailer wiring prep kit part number

82216274AC 531.00 goes on the truck​

82216068AD 683.00 goes on the trailer and comes with one camera that goes on the back of the trailer. I'm a mechanic and if your not I wouldn't suggest DIY Unless your very good with wiring. This is a listing for a 21 Ram. Couldn't see one for a 22? Might be the same?​

Im good with wiring. Not good with having time. I'll be paying the dealer to do the install.

Appreciate the information.

Gearjunkie340

Reaction score
Im good with wiring. Not good with having time. I'll be paying the dealer to do the install.

Appreciate the information.
your truck is very much like my sons build. He's now had a build sheet for way over 20 days, no window sticker. Ordered 6-1

Users who are viewing this thread