5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

RamLife

Reaction score
Has anyone tried ordering a Laramie with the technology group? My dealer says it is only being offered on the Limiteds and Rebels because of the chip shortage.

Fthoodmp

Reaction score
Mandatory Saturday and Sunday coming up so hopefully it’ll crank out some trucks for members in the group

n00ber

Reaction score
They have to have the parts to build them, and the way production looks so far....it's not good at all. I'm starting to lose patience with the lack of information from ram.
Well, just cancel the order, don't worry it will assist those of us who ordered later. ;D (I jest, keep your order)

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No window stickers today, between the 2021's that were built in the past month and still haven't shipped and all the 2022's that have been built in the past week the plant is sitting on nearly 10K trucks right now.

Pi Esq.

Reaction score
No window stickers today, between the 2021's that were built in the past month and still haven't shipped and all the 2022's that have been built in the past week the plant is sitting on nearly 10K trucks right now.
I’ve seen this movie before…

1632453608790.jpeg

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn I ordered 6/18 and setting myself up for hopefully a December delivery. Even though @Eighty spreadsheet indicates end of October. I like to pad my expectations so I don't beat my head against the wall and make myself even more miserable!.

MetalRebel2022

Reaction score
If I couldve found a 2021 rebel anywhere in the country optioned close to mine I wouldn't have even ordered one. But that's the reason I'm here lol
Just the fact that we get more info from this forum than we do from Ram itself is enough to make me think of canceling my order. I'll keep driving my 2010 with 130xxx miles on it till the wheels fall off. Hopefully by then they will know enough to start letting consumers know what's going on.

Fthoodmp

Reaction score
That’s not very promising

Fthoodmp

Reaction score
Well, just cancel the order, don't worry it will assist those of us who ordered later. ;D (I jest, keep your order)
If you cancel the order do t they keep the money you put down?

WorthFlorida

Reaction score
Right now the entire industry is upside down. I cancelled my Honda Ridgeline because the factory added an option I did not want. Yesterday I leased a 2021 Laramie. I was surprised the Ram dealer near me showed 125 trucks in stock on their web site. There were at least 50-75 trucks on the lot. Yesterday morning I was at a Chevy dealer having my Camaro worked on and they only had 3 new trucks in stock. On GMC/ Chevy dealer web sites, the Canyon/ Colorado trucks are not listed for search. The plant is supposed to start up on 9/27 after being shut down for weeks. Anything ordered nowadays is like playing a lottery. I'm glad I found a truck in both interior and exterior colors I wanted, Mountain Brown interior, White exterior. Very happy with it, the ride is 10x better than the 2012 Silverado I've had for nine years. Ram Dealer is Greenway Dodge Ram, Orlando, Florida.

n00ber

Reaction score
If you cancel the order do t they keep the money you put down?
I'm not sure if its the same everywhere, buuuut the $1,000 deposit/downpayment/transportation fee for me is non refundable. To my knowledge everything else put towards it is refundable, for instance I got $8k on a trade in, I should be able to get the trade in money back.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
Some of that deposit stuff is going to vary state by state and dealer by dealer. In the state I was born no business are legally allow to take any money if they don't deliver goods. When I pre-ordered a car that was not in production yet I had be give them a check, they never cashed it and when I came to pick it up they just gave me the same check back.
Here they didn't even ask for a deposit on my Ram, but other dealers in the area said it was a $2k. I assume it was because they know they can sell it if I don't take it. When I was in the Porsche dealer last month he said they take a $30k non refundable deposit on the Panamera Sport Turismo (read Wagon) because he said they have a hard time selling the.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
Following every post in the whole thing doesn’t make sense. Why do you start 90 days straight production if you have no parts? What’s holding up the window stickers and how many trucks can the plant parking lot hold. Are they holding all these cars back from shipping for the U5 alleged defect?

Users who are viewing this thread