5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s definitely there. My wife says something similar to me hourly.

View attachment 109576
Ha, it is not on my screen! But I figured out why. Somehow my builder is locked on 4x2. so off-road isn't there. Even if I go back one screen and change it to 4x4 when it advances to the options, the top of the screen still says 4x2??

Thanks for the assist!

grogol

Reaction score
Looks good! I’m interested which accent color I’m going to get around the screen. When you build a 2022 it looks grey/silver compared to the goldish color yours came with. I think either looks okay, just confused which one I’ll get. I’ve seen both on the 2022’s. I’m “hopefully” a few weeks out from delivery. Can’t wait to share my Laramie pics. Enjoy that truck sir!
I had wondered about that too before I ordered based on different pictures I saw, but figured it would be what it would be. I'm OK with what came in mine.

grogol

Reaction score
Looks good! I’m interested which accent color I’m going to get around the screen. When you build a 2022 it looks grey/silver compared to the goldish color yours came with. I think either looks okay, just confused which one I’ll get. I’ve seen both on the 2022’s. I’m “hopefully” a few weeks out from delivery. Can’t wait to share my Laramie pics. Enjoy that truck sir!
Hope your Laramie arrives soon! I'll be on the lookout for pictures!

CObiomedtech

Reaction score
I picked up my 2022 Laramie Quad Cab last night from New Holland Auto Group in New Holland, PA. They are great guys to work with! I ordered the truck in late May, it was built on 9/16, and I picked it up at the dealer 10/29. I drove home 40 miles in the dark in a blinding rainstorm - white knuckles all the way 'cause I didn't want to wreck the truck on my first hour of ownership. The truck is smooth riding, quiet inside, quick, and seems to be well put together. I have the Off Road package, the Bed Utility Group, and Laramie Level B along with rear wheel well liners.
That is awesome! I wanted to order a Laramie Quad, not realizing they would stop making them. You probably have one a just a few 2022 quad Laramies.

Biston

Reaction score
I had wondered about that too before I ordered based on different pictures I saw, but figured it would be what it would be. I'm OK with what came in mine.
What color did you get? I kind of like the gray better, but the goldish matches the seat trim better….I think? Relatively small detail but still, would be nice to know what to expect

Gearjunkie340

Reaction score
FYI, I’ve had two BAK tops, F1 and MX4 and they were great! Really the best. If my new MFT would accommodate those, I’d have my third. Didn’t want to change brackets so Diamondback it is.
I've got the UnderCover Ultra Flex Tonneau Cover. I looked at the bak flip. I think this is a little nicer and better. It comes with a bed light, it's carpeted underneath and it has struts that lock it straight up when fully opened to use the whole bed without touching the back window or cab at all. It's a hard folding one. I love it.

Gearjunkie340

Reaction score
I picked up my rebel today
I’m so happy and I hope the rest of you get your trucks soon
already got my borla exhaust on and she sounds great!
More pictures to come once I get the front skid plate linex’d
And the accessories I decided to add after the purchase (side steps, bed rails, bed step)
great looking truck! congratulations!

grogol

Reaction score
What color did you get? I kind of like the gray better, but the goldish matches the seat trim better….I think? Relatively small detail but still, would be nice to know what to expect
I didn't know really what to expect. Pictures I looked at before ordering seemed to differ (maybe because of trim level?). Anyway, the truck is so nice that the color I got is OK with me.

grogol

Reaction score
That is awesome! I wanted to order a Laramie Quad, not realizing they would stop making them. You probably have one a just a few 2022 quad Laramies.
Yes, my quad 2022 quad Laramie will be a rare truck. I'm willing to trade even-up with someone who gets delivery of a 2022 TRX. Better hurry, an offer like this won't last long before someone swoops it up!

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Randboye

Reaction score
Thought I share my texting conversation with my dealer inquiring about my truck today. After seeing a new Laramie 4x4 with paper tags expiring on Dec 14 2021 from his dealership on the road.

Hey Blake how's it going? I saw this trucks tag yesterday and wondering if you have any information on mine. Why mine's still not built? What's holding the build up?
I know they've built 46,284 DT Trucks as of yesterday which 5,283 have been Limited's, with 4,122 built with my cab, bed,engine and drive type. I called to check on my truck status and was told their still aquairing parts and it would be January. I file a claim # to have someone contact me and a week later still have not heard anything to find out why DT trucks ordered and built after my Vin issued 6/9 with the same opitions and parts mine would require built before mine. I know of at least 25 of the thousands of Limited's built with Vins#'s issued after mine and some that were ordered and was built as late as this Oct with same opition's I ordered. Not counting Trx's,Longhorns,Laramie's, Rebels,
Big Horn/ Lonestar's.
I know you don't control any of that but can you look into it for me. Or if there's some one I could reach out to find out information and express my displeasure in the way they are handling things. A regional Sales Mgr or someone else. As Ram Cares and Chat is a waste of time in aquairing information.
Thanks.
I have the Vin #'s with the Build Sheets and Window Sticker dates issued in verifying if you like me to email them to you or bring them by.
I understand these or trying, difficult and unusual times but I've never waited 5 months to receive a ordered vehicle.
Hope you had a good day.
Thanks again.
His reply
I completely understand. I am so sorry. I have a lot of clients in the same boat. They won't even let us order any RAMs for ourselves. We are currently in the same position. Just waiting on a build date.
I will reach out to the rep to see if there is any time frame for a build date.
I don't have any reason to doubt what he says as he's the owners son. And he has told me before when I ask him, do they order what kind of trucks /opitions the way they want. He said their told,they can't at times order
certain colors as examble- Black or certain opitions. They could order examble 5 white trucks with certain opitions and sell those or they could do without.
My saleman has told me in the past to contact them each week for updates. I've only reach out to him a few times since I ordered for information as I learn more on this forum than thru them. Hope he has favorable information this time. We shall see if I get moved to D1 and a build sheet after our conversation.🤞🏼

Shawn19

Reaction score
Yeah it kinda sucks to see it happening. When I search on the Ram Trucks site and search there are over 2800 2022 Ram 1500s available with in 250 mile of me (Ohio). A percentage of these are in transit, but still.

I even considered getting a diesel on a lot that was a close build to mine, but Ive never had a deisel, and of course it’s about 6k more than what I ordered. It’s a Big Horn with all the extra tech on the lot. (Parts shortages?) I’m still not seeing Back Country packages near me.

Im sure they are just prepping the lots for Black Friday and End of year sales before they get to us.

8/16 Order 152 vin and waiting. Have a good Sunday everybody!

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thought I share my texting conversation with my dealer inquiring about my truck today. After seeing a new Laramie 4x4 with paper tags expiring on Dec 14 2021 from his dealership on the road.

Hey Blake how's it going? I saw this trucks tag yesterday and wondering if you have any information on mine. Why mine's still not built? What's holding the build up?
I know they've built 46,284 DT Trucks as of yesterday which 5,283 have been Limited's, with 4,122 built with my cab, bed,engine and drive type. I called to check on my truck status and was told their still aquairing parts and it would be January. I file a claim # to have someone contact me and a week later still have not heard anything to find out why DT trucks ordered and built after my Vin issued 6/9 with the same opitions and parts mine would require built before mine. I know of at least 25 of the thousands of Limited's built with Vins#'s issued after mine and some that were ordered and was built as late as this Oct with same opition's I ordered. Not counting Trx's,Longhorns,Laramie's, Rebels,
Big Horn/ Lonestar's.
I know you don't control any of that but can you look into it for me. Or if there's some one I could reach out to find out information and express my displeasure in the way they are handling things. A regional Sales Mgr or someone else. As Ram Cares and Chat is a waste of time in aquairing information.
Thanks.
I have the Vin #'s with the Build Sheets and Window Sticker dates issued in verifying if you like me to email them to you or bring them by.
I understand these or trying, difficult and unusual times but I've never waited 5 months to receive a ordered vehicle.
Hope you had a good day.
Thanks again.
His reply
I completely understand. I am so sorry. I have a lot of clients in the same boat. They won't even let us order any RAMs for ourselves. We are currently in the same position. Just waiting on a build date.
I will reach out to the rep to see if there is any time frame for a build date.
I don't have any reason to doubt what he says as he's the owners son. And he has told me before when I ask him, do they order what kind of trucks /opitions the way they want. He said their told,they can't at times order
certain colors as examble- Black or certain opitions. They could order examble 5 white trucks with certain opitions and sell those or they could do without.
My saleman has told me in the past to contact them each week for updates. I've only reach out to him a few times since I ordered for information as I learn more on this forum than thru them. Hope he has favorable information this time. We shall see if I get moved to D1 and a build sheet after our conversation.
That's why I cut my losses, got my trade in money and canceled my order with that dealer. They didn't have much on the lot to pick from, and they didn't try to work with me in ordering another truck with less options to get it quicker.

I started reaching out to dealers and 2 days latee, I found a rebel that dealer was at least able to get me under msrp and bought it.

To make this a funny story, it was a rebel built in September. Literally 3 months after I placed my order, this 2021 rebel was built.

I think that this truck that I have will make me pretty happy for the next 3-4 years and see what the electric truck market looks like.

2021 Ram Rebel
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

grogol

Reaction score
Heads up for anyone about to pick up their truck, there's a $500 incentive my dealer was able to get me. Not sure if it's regional or during a certain time but it's worth asking about if it's not already implemented in your deal. Only incentive I'm aware of for 22 dts other than special financing @ a 4 year term
Yes! When I picked up my 2022 Laramie on 10/29, the dealer told me about the $500 incentive. After thinking it over, I decided to accept it. I had checked the RAM website before heading to the dealer to get my truck, but did not see this $500 incentive on the website.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a summary of what was built last week (10/25-10/29). Total of 7,801 build sheets.

1635691383173.png

1635691770002.png

EDIT: In case anyone was wondering about engines, here's the breakdown for the week:
3.0 Diesel 311
3.6L V6 34
5.7 Hemi 7,013
6.2 SRT 443

And some cumulative totals for all 46,287 build sheets thus far:

1635691904349.png

1635691931465.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread