5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Fthoodmp

Reaction score
Most definitely…. I’m gonna get into it today and see what’s what but on my hour drive home from the dealership it was more user friendly and intuitive. Also quickly switched from page to page without having to ‘think’ about it.

I was really shocked to see how easy the wireless CarPlay set up was (2 screen taps and I was paired) and how well it’s fully integrated to the rest of the truck. UC4 it felt like an afterthought….. if you’re an Apple guy then you’re gonna love it…. If you’re android then there’s also a separate button for that so I imagine the integration of that is just as good.
I’m a apple guy, this is great news!

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Most definitely…. I’m gonna get into it today and see what’s what but on my hour drive home from the dealership it was more user friendly and intuitive. Also quickly switched from page to page without having to ‘think’ about it.

I was really shocked to see how easy the wireless CarPlay set up was (2 screen taps and I was paired) and how well it’s fully integrated to the rest of the truck. UC4 it felt like an afterthought….. if you’re an Apple guy then you’re gonna love it…. If you’re android then there’s also a separate button for that so I imagine the integration of that is just as good.
I'm hoping Android is great too. I'm not anti-Apple, I just like my Note 20 much better and use the stylus all the time for e-signature, etc. Looking forward to "cutting the cord" and not screwing up battery life and charge cycles by being forced to plug in to get Android Auto......

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
can you or someone check if the same goes for the wireless Android Auto? Does it also appear in the HUD and cluster screen?

Is it also possible now to have the camera's on the full 12" screen and the Android Auto on the full screen? for example Waze or Gmaps.

I noticed on the pictures that the rotary dial shifter is now black, is it new to the night edition? Some other changes compared to the 2020 or 2021 version?

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Ramontario21

Reaction score
1299 Build Sheets found today. 5 more forum members with trucks starting production! Congratulations to @GeorgiaBoy, @chexp77w, @scottlieb, @cavensprawl, @Crash55!

VINBSWSSTATECOLORSERIES
112499 @GeorgiaBoyXLouisianaGraniteLimited
142811 @chexp77wXIllinoisDelmonicoLimited
147725 @scottliebXLouisianaWhiteLimited
172470 @cavensprawlXPennsylvaniaBlackRebel
177578 @Crash55XNew YorkPatriotLimited
Haven’t seen a Canadian member get a build in 2 weeks… what’s up with that???
vins below me vins above me … can somebody please figure this out… somebody must have a reason or explanation for this madness!!

n00ber

Reaction score

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haven’t seen a Canadian member get a build in 2 weeks… what’s up with that???
vins below me vins above me … can somebody please figure this out… somebody must have a reason or explanation for this madness!!
Cant really base much on the VERY SMALL subset of trucks that are members. Currently 315 members out of the 110K trucks ordered. or 1/4th of 1% of the total.

If it makes you feel any better they aren't skipping Canadian trucks, there have been 3345 Canadian trucks built in the last two weeks.

Coltfreaks

Reaction score
so, stupid question. I assume POC means purchase order confirmation?

I have seen discussions here that the estimated delivery date may equal the estimated build date. My POC has no date in that field. :/. Ruh roh.

My dealer did tell me it could be 6 to 9 months for delivery back in July while another lot owned by the same dealer told me 8 to 10 weeks.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
so, stupid question. I assume POC means purchase order confirmation?

I have seen discussions here that the estimated delivery date may equal the estimated build date. My POC has no date in that field. :/. Ruh roh.

My dealer did tell me it could be 6 to 9 months for delivery back in July while another lot owned by the same dealer told me 8 to 10 weeks.
POC stands for "Priced Order Confirmation".

Most POC's won't initially show an estimated ship date. Once you're in D1 status, you may (or may not) see a date. Just depends on when it's printed.

coachdave

Reaction score
I believe it was BS monday. Which means truck could have come off the line as early as Friday since BS aren't reported on weekends.

Yep it was Monday that I received the build sheet. (24 weeks from order). Hoping for a nice even “half year” from order to delivery but not holding my breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1299 Build Sheets found today. 5 more forum members with trucks starting production! Congratulations to @GeorgiaBoy, @chexp77w, @scottlieb, @cavensprawl, @Crash55!

VINBSWSSTATECOLORSERIES
112499 @GeorgiaBoyXLouisianaGraniteLimited
142811 @chexp77wXIllinoisDelmonicoLimited
147725 @scottliebXLouisianaWhiteLimited
172470 @cavensprawlXPennsylvaniaBlackRebel
177578 @Crash55XNew YorkPatriotLimited
Thank you @triple_B and @Eighty for all the work you have done to help us keep sane.

But I have a sequence question. I know this has been asked several times also with several different answers. I was under the impression that the build sheet was generated AFTER the truck came off the line. And the BS represented what items had actually been installed. Then the truck was sent to the body vendor to install other options like the BUG. My BS list those items so, are they installing these while on the line? Do they still sent to outside vendor, if so why if they are already on the build sheet? I could be wrong but I thought the BUG was installed by the outside vendor. Anyone clear up my confusion.

BornTooLate

Reaction score
Cant really base much on the VERY SMALL subset of trucks that are members. Currently 315 members out of the 110K trucks ordered. or 1/4th of 1% of the total.

If it makes you feel any better they aren't skipping Canadian trucks, there have been 3345 Canadian trucks built in the last two weeks.
and yet they skip mine for 10 months in a row

Crash55

Reaction score

Mexd781

Reaction score
I asked Ram Chat to escalate my case, we will see if there is some magic to that to get me out of D status

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you @triple_B and @Eighty for all the work you have done to help us keep sane.

But I have a sequence question. I know this has been asked several times also with several different answers. I was under the impression that the build sheet was generated AFTER the truck came off the line. And the BS represented what items had actually been installed. Then the truck was sent to the body vendor to install other options like the BUG. My BS list those items so, are they installing these while on the line? Do they still sent to outside vendor, if so why if they are already on the build sheet? I could be wrong but I thought the BUG was installed by the outside vendor. Anyone clear up my confusion.
That's a good question. I'm not 100% sure of this, but I believe the build sheets are generated (internally) when the vehicle BEGINS production. We typically see it posted the following business day, which usually coincides with the vehicle having been partially (or completely) produced. Then it goes to the body vendor, if necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread