5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squealing noise

Bpiet378

Reaction score
2019 bighorn, every morning when I start it and put it in drive to pull out, there’s a squealing noise for about a second or two. Not on the brakes at all so I don’t think it’s the rotors being rusty because it also increases slightly when I turn. Now this morning, I reversed out and it was even worse. Very loud squealing for about 5-8 seconds the whole time I was in reverse, turning and starting to drive. I got a brief video of it happening but you can only hear it in reverse, for some reason it won’t let me post it. If anyone has any tips on that also

GATORB8

Reaction score
I assume you don't think it's under the hood. Is your parking brake set to auto engage in park?

Bpiet378

Reaction score
No it’s definitely not under the hood. Auto parking brake is off

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2019 bighorn, every morning when I start it and put it in drive to pull out, there’s a squealing noise for about a second or two. Not on the brakes at all so I don’t think it’s the rotors being rusty because it also increases slightly when I turn. Now this morning, I reversed out and it was even worse. Very loud squealing for about 5-8 seconds the whole time I was in reverse, turning and starting to drive. I got a brief video of it happening but you can only hear it in reverse, for some reason it won’t let me post it. If anyone has any tips on that also

I certainly understand why this would be concerning, Bpiet378. If you are not able to determine the cause based on suggestions provided here, we recommend connecting with your local Ram dealer as they are in the best position to provide assistance. If you do end up addressing this with your dealer, please know that we would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for that process. Our team is just a private message away.

Mark
RamCares

Alex2014

Reaction score
Hi, I have the same noise. Squealing when release de brake. I don’t feel is the brake. Can you help me please. I visit the dealer but the technician say don’t find anything wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread