5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squealing Brakes.....Again???

ericd

Reaction score
Hey everyone. So last year I finally got my squealing brakes resolved by getting the April 10 brake TSB completed that actually changed out the brake pads, calipers, and pins. Now the squeal has returned. Should I try to get them to complete the same TSB again or try to get them to do a different one like the "Brake Kit Moan"

Has anyone has their brake squeal come back and how did you get it resolved??

Thanks

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine comes and goes...It will do it one morning and then it might not show up again for 2-3 weeks, or longer.
I haven't taken mine to the dealer for it since it has never done it consistently. It's annoying when it does it because it is loud and obnoxious, but oh well.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine squeaked almost every day when I'd brake for the first time in the day, and then never again for the day, until about 1,400 miles. Now they're quiet all the time (knock on wood).

How many miles on the new pads? I'd given them a few hundred miles or more, see if they "break in", if you haven't already.

ericd

Reaction score
Mine squeaked almost every day when I'd brake for the first time in the day, and then never again for the day, until about 1,400 miles. Now they're quiet all the time (knock on wood).

How many miles on the new pads? I'd given them a few hundred miles or more, see if they "break in", if you haven't already.
yea they're well past the break in period. I might just have to let the dealership figure it out

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had all of the TSBs done; including the brake moan kit. I still get the squeal on occasion. I'm just going to live with it. When the brakes are finally worn, hopefully Raybestos will have their full EHT line done for the DT RAM and I'll give them a shot.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine comes and goes...It will do it one morning and then it might not show up again for 2-3 weeks, or longer.
I haven't taken mine to the dealer for it since it has never done it consistently. It's annoying when it does it because it is loud and obnoxious, but oh well.
yea they're well past the break in period. I might just have to let the dealership figure it out

Hi @jdefoe0424 & @ericd - If it would be of interest, our team is just a private message away and more than willing to escalate cases on your behalf for further support while working with your dealers. Please do not hesitate to reach out.

Mark
RamCares

Muckanine

Reaction score
Hey everyone. So last year I finally got my squealing brakes resolved by getting the April 10 brake TSB completed that actually changed out the brake pads, calipers, and pins. Now the squeal has returned. Should I try to get them to complete the same TSB again or try to get them to do a different one like the "Brake Kit Moan"

Thanks

Thanks
I had Service Bulletin 05-001-19 REV. B performed at dealer ‘20 Winter, but the issue continued. Three weeks ago, ‘21 Winter, I installed the Moan Brake Kit and haven’t had an issue since. I attempted to recreate the issue on cold mornings, backing, starting, braking, and nothing! Fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread