5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squeaky suspension noises from driver front wheel

Extole

Reaction score
Hi

I have 2020 Ram Rebel crew cab. I am getting a squeaky sound only from driver side front wheel every time I go over a bump. My driveway has a sloped curb that I back out of and into every day and this "squeaky" suspension sound always and only happens on the driver side wheel. This sound I have never heard from any other wheels as i tried testing it by backing out of the drive way in different directions.

Also I noticed on turns going anywhere between 10-30 mph I can feel in the pedal, steering wheel and floorboard like slight uneven vibrations (hard to explain). not sure if the two are related or not.
was wondering if any of you are experiencing this also and was able to come up with a solution.

SemperGumby

Reaction score
I have the same squeak in my suspension, told the dealer about it and they took it on a test drive and claimed not to hear it. Would love to know how they didn't since it happens on 95% of the small bumps I hit.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi

I have 2020 Ram Rebel crew cab. I am getting a squeaky sound only from driver side front wheel every time I go over a bump. My driveway has a sloped curb that I back out of and into every day and this "squeaky" suspension sound always and only happens on the driver side wheel. This sound I have never heard from any other wheels as i tried testing it by backing out of the drive way in different directions.

Also I noticed on turns going anywhere between 10-30 mph I can feel in the pedal, steering wheel and floorboard like slight uneven vibrations (hard to explain). not sure if the two are related or not.
was wondering if any of you are experiencing this also and was able to come up with a solution.

Hi @Extole - If you are willing to try and address this with your dealer, I would like to escalate your situation to a Case Manager which will provide the dealership and yourself with an individual who will review your concern, then assist you and the dealership in exhausting all available resources to have the concern addressed and resolved. Our team is just a private message away to get started.

I have the same squeak in my suspension, told the dealer about it and they took it on a test drive and claimed not to hear it. Would love to know how they didn't since it happens on 95% of the small bumps I hit.

Hi @SemperGumby - I would be happy to learn more about your most recent dealer visit to determine how to best assist at this point. Please follow up with us via private message when you can!

Mark
RamCares

Extole

Reaction score
Dropped off the truck last night and picked up today late afternoon. Was given the same reply as you. "We checked and couldn't reproduce or hear the squeak."

MIKE71

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same Can feel it in the pedal at times too but I did install a MOPAR OEM LIFT ?? Haven’t taken it in yet but I’m assuming they will just say it’s the lift ??
Mine also squeaks a bunch when you saw the wheel back and forth !

Scjon03

Reaction score
Yup I had the squeak on my 2019 Laramie. Same thing front driver wheel area. Can't reproduce it while not driving. I shake hell out of the truck but no go. Only can hear it while driving and hitting small bumps. Would never do it when hitting larger bumps though. Even after changing the shocks and UCA to aftermarket it still did it.

Doesn't matter now since I traded it in for a Limited. And my Limited suspension is quiet.

RamCares

Reaction score
Dropped off the truck last night and picked up today late afternoon. Was given the same reply as you. "We checked and couldn't reproduce or hear the squeak."
Just had a chance to respond to your most recent message on this, @Extole!
Mine is doing the same Can feel it in the pedal at times too but I did install a MOPAR OEM LIFT ?? Haven’t taken it in yet but I’m assuming they will just say it’s the lift ??
Mine also squeaks a bunch when you saw the wheel back and forth !
Hi @MIKE71 - If at any point you do address this with your dealer, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message for further support.

Mark
RamCares

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Several threads on this. The clips that hold the brake pads squeak. Spray some WD-40 or graphite lube on them to see. There are 2 clips per brake. It's not a permanent solution, but if the squeak goes away you know the culprit. Mine did the same thing until I sprayed them a week ago.

B740587

Reaction score
Several threads on this. The clips that hold the brake pads squeak. Spray some WD-40 or graphite lube on them to see. There are 2 clips per brake. It's not a permanent solution, but if the squeak goes away you know the culprit. Mine did the same thing until I sprayed them a week ago.

I had the same problem and it was the clips. Quick shot of graphite lube and it's was fine. 2020 bighorn

ucyoungblood

Reaction score
Hi

yes. I know I own a 4th gen but...I had this driver's side on my 2016 ram 1500. was the lower ball joint. I bought a nice upper arm lower control arm kit Detroit Axle brand at 1aauto.com. also they have great videos on YouTube on how to replace them. super easy. don't pay a shop to do this. just arm yourself with 21 through 24mm 1/2" drive and 35mm axle nut sockets. mark the lower control arm alignment nuts perfect and you won't have to pay a shop for that either. im slow and it took me 4 hours per side in my driveway.

rtm03862iq

Reaction score
I had a squeak on the drivers side, but only while going over speedbumps. Had someone rock the truck back and forth hard while I was underneath and it seemed to be coming from the sway bar rubber bushing (frame mount location) on the driver side. Hit it with WD-40, no more squeaks.

Chris72512

Reaction score
2019 I got the same squeaky sound coming from the drive side. Had somebody bounce the hell out of the truck but no squeak. It’s seems going over small bumps and wondering what the squeak sound is?

RamCares

Reaction score
2019 I got the same squeaky sound coming from the drive side. Had somebody bounce the hell out of the truck but no squeak. It’s seems going over small bumps and wondering what the squeak sound is?
Hey there,

If you decide to get this diagnosed by your local dealer, please send us a DM. We'd love to provide some assistance for you.

Callie
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread