5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squeaky Brakes

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mark, may we contact you as well for our brakes squealing on our 2019 Ram Laramie Longhorn that only has 10,000 miles on it. Going in for the second time on Monday for the same issue. Dealer already did the suggested tsb.
Just shoot them a PM and they’ll help you out.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mark, may we contact you as well for our brakes squealing on our 2019 Ram Laramie Longhorn that only has 10,000 miles on it. Going in for the second time on Monday for the same issue. Dealer already did the suggested tsb.

Absolutely, @AyresLonghorn! I apologize for the trouble. Please feel free to send us a private message on this, I would be more than willing to escalate your situation to a Case Manager which will provide the dealership and yourself with an individual who will review your concern, then assist you and the dealership in exhausting all available resources to have the concern addressed and resolved.

Mark
RamCares

Catbus

Reaction score
Myself and a buddy of mine (2021 Rebel and 2019 Laramie) both have the foghorn brake issue. I even noticed it once when I pulled forward after a long rest outside in the cold. Thanks for the info on the TSB's. I will be taking it in for those soon, but wondered why my 2021 would still have the same issue.

Additionally, I have a ABS type grind / squeak intermittently just as the truck stops from like 5 mph to zero. mostly when I stop a little harder, but nothing close to slamming them. It doesn't sound or feel good, but I can't quite determine when it is happening. Sometimes it is fine, and other times it feels like I'm stopping on snow. There are a lot of extra clicks and clunks I am hearing during and after coming to a stop that are a bit concerning. Any ideas?

I'm going to take the truck in for inspection and the foghorm TSB's soon, but I'm not quite sure what to have them look at for this other issue besides hey the brakes seem jacked up.

Mike18281

Reaction score
Currently running into a similar problem. Bought a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie, 2 days later there was a faint squeaky noise, similar of something was rubbing against the rotor. I contacted the dealer right away. After going back and then replace random parts it remains to squeak. The dealer now says it is the front right caliper and I’ve been waiting 4 months to get this part in and still no date on when they could get this in.

Very frustrated with the service of this Ram dealer and slowly regretting getting this ram.

I am really hoping this caliper will solve the issue but not confident. I didn’t see many solutions in this thread. Anybody possible know if this will solve the issue?

Red17

Reaction score
Ram tried to fix my squeaking front brakes twice at 2 different dealerships. Finally just fixed it myself, Cost about 20 dollars in material and a few hours on a Saturday. If you have ever done a brake job then it's pretty easy to do.
How did you fix it?

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Aren't the pads semi metallic? If so, ceramic will be quieter.

Users who are viewing this thread