5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squeaking front left suspension. Sounds like a chirping bird.

Patamaran

Reaction score
2021 bighorn with 1000km on it. Front suspension squeaks on small bumps, but not big ones. Rolling down the window it sounds like a chirping bird, or a squeaky old trailer.

Its obvioisly still in warranty, and I know I can get the dealer to fix it, but its always a disaster trying to get the service dept to "hear it".

Any idea what this could be?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I spray mine with graphite lubricant when I rotated the tires. Normally it would come back within a month or two so I'd just spray some more in where I could reach, but it's been quiet for a while.

Other users have gotten the dealer to fix it, have gotten the dealer to replace all 8 clips ($50+ per clip) on their dime, etc. My dealers aren't the greatest and spending weeks fighting them over clips is far more expensive to me time-wise than 3 minutes to spray the brakes every 2 months.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2021 bighorn with 1000km on it. Front suspension squeaks on small bumps, but not big ones. Rolling down the window it sounds like a chirping bird, or a squeaky old trailer.

Its obvioisly still in warranty, and I know I can get the dealer to fix it, but its always a disaster trying to get the service dept to "hear it".

Any idea what this could be?

Hello @Patamaran! Sorry to hear about your vehicle squeaking concerns. We recommend visiting your local Ram servicing dealer as they will be able to properly diagnose your vehicle. We also took the liberty of including some Ram Customer Care contacts for your region: https://www.ramtruck.ca/en

By phone: 1-800-465-2001

Hannah
Ram Cares

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the clips replaced and the noise returned after a short period once the brake grease wore off. Most noticeable with the windows open while in a drive thru.

Patamaran

Reaction score
the noise went away on its own, im guessing this is the kind of thing that comes and goes and never gets solved. worst case scenario, wd40 every couple months.

Users who are viewing this thread