5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Squeak from dash or front of truck

matt.weingart

Reaction score
I have a 2019 limited and when going over bumps I hear a squeak from the dash. I have held every part of the dash and trim and cannot make a difference. It is driving me crazy! Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It could be something with the steering. I remember reading something about the clock spring. Try searching for that.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
There's also an issue with the front brake pad clips squeaking slightly when hitting bumps. Its apparently a common issue with the 5th gen trucks.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
My bet is brake pad clips. I had this squeak/chirp issue as well. The smallest bump would create the noise. Some have had success lubing the clips, so this weekend I gave it a shot. I used some quality penetrating grease while I had my rims off for tire rotation. So far, it's working, but I'm sure it will be a temporary fix. Some have reported dealer addressing this issue. To me, it's not worth the headache of a dealer trip.

Users who are viewing this thread