5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SPOTTED: 2021 Ram Rebel TRX Caught Wearing Laramie Longhorn Fascia:

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
I suspect that, unlike the Raptor, the TRX will come from the factory capable of fitting 37s, but will come stock with 35s (for fuel economy ratings and other reasons). Raptor owners have to replace fenders if they want to throw on 37s. I suspect TRX owners won't have to.
;)

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I suspect that, unlike the Raptor, the TRX will come from the factory capable of fitting 37s, but will come stock with 35s (for fuel economy ratings and other reasons). Raptor owners have to replace fenders if they want to throw on 37s. I suspect TRX owners won't have to.
;)

The guy who shot those pictures, is shooting more and some video for us. So wait till the weekend... you will finally see some of them in action.

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
I'll take the black one! Lol but seriously....I want a 5th gen cummins in a few years but I'd honestly take a 1 yr used TRX for sure

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
;)

I suspect that the max towing will be compromised due to the suspension. Not unlike the PW in the 2500 range.

blownout1500

Reaction score
;)

Really hoping these aren’t the final fenders/bedsides. Yuck.

Also, the front end doesn’t look as wide as a stock raptor(?). Hoping the lug mismatch is a clue that front end is still in development and that the TRX will be a wide factory mid-travel (like raptors).

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
These are mules. Designed to just appear like someone customized a RAM.
That is just a Laramie with fender flares
The Demon drove around for a long while disguised as a Liberty Walk challenger

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
I suspect that the max towing will be compromised due to the suspension. Not unlike the PW in the 2500 range.
Absolutely. That is the sacrifice - the Raptor tows somewhere in the 8,000 lb. range. I don't expect the TRX will be significantly higher. My understanding is that towing requires a stiff suspension to manage heavy loads. You're not going to get that on an off-road truck designed for speed.
Fortunately for me, my current ride only has about 195 horsepower/260 lb.ft of torque, so the TRX will tow like a champ compared to that thing (which I think maxes out around the 4,000 lb. mark).

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
Confidence is very high that the Ram Rebel TRX will not be featured at the Texas State Fair this year. I have seen what will be unveiled and I will not steal FCA’s thunder regarding that announcement, but rest assured, it has nothing to do with the TRX. This supports my previous assertion that it is still too early in the business cycle for FCA to be discussing a product so far in the future (Q3, 2020 rumored).

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
This is about five months old, but they give lots of recognition to 5thgenrams.com:

Users who are viewing this thread