5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sport Hood Accent Decal

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was looking into MATTE myself for my Granite .. I'd say find a vehicle and see if you like it .. or online images .. or like you said, Photoshop it

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's a quick 'shop on the hood decal. There are a few variations of the decal available I want to try; this may be too much of a solid block of black. I'll work on that tomorrow. I'm actually meeting @Xmetal in New Orleans this evening, so I gotta run :)

0200.jpg

wwalljr

Reaction score
I think it looks really cool. I wouldn’t necessarily do it to my own vehicle. But I really love to see the way other people jazz up their rigs.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Hey Danielle2019,

I like the idea of it, think the solid is too "solid" running into the louvers. Break it up with you own truck's color like the red truck(maybe a different design than the red). With your truck color it doesn't make the black "pop" out as it looks like it would just blend into your louvers instead of accenting their power statement!!!

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like it. The only thing is that the sun will fade some of the rest of the paint, so if you ever want to take it off it will leave a mark. But as far as looks I think it harks back to the 60s racing stickers :)

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like it. The only thing is that the sun will fade some of the rest of the paint, so if you ever want to take it off it will leave a mark. But as far as looks I think it harks back to the 60s racing stickers :)

Yeah, once you put a graphic on you are pretty much committed to it unless you change your mind in the short term. Especially on the hood where that paint is baked in the sun every day.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I prefer no graffic, the sport hood looks perfect as is and the graffic makes it look a bit to busy. But it's your truck so do you you like.

danielle2019

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check out the link. The second photo shows a few different styles. I will get some better photos of my hood and try again. Mr. @Xmetal is coming by to install my wheelhouse liners. They've been sitting in my shed since March.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was thinking about these myself in matte black

Not sure about the tailgate though.

either matte black or ghost (if I can find some dark gray/black versions).
ghost almost changes color a bit depending on the angle, light, etc.

Last edited:

Xmetal

Reaction score
Check out the link. The second photo shows a few different styles. I will get some better photos of my hood and try again. Mr. @Xmetal is coming by to install my wheelhouse liners. They've been sitting in my shed since March.
So yeah, visiting with Miss Danielle again today! Got her liners installed. Checked out her impressive design studio setup, learned a little Photoshop.

Also, no decal for my sport hood.

Xmetal

Reaction score
So yeah, visiting with Miss Danielle again today! Got her liners installed. Checked out her impressive design studio setup, learned a little Photoshop.

Also, no decal for my sport hood.
To expand upon my previous post - last night, Danielle helped me through some photoshops. I played around with various mods, blacking out grille, different wheels, etc. I’ve basically come the conclusion that my truck is perfect the way it is, and I won’t be changing anything!

It’s been a great weekend, and I’m immensely grateful to have met this wonderful lady! We got some fantastic photos of both trucks, even some with her drone. Delmonico parked next to a Blue Streak is a lot of awesome in one photo! We will get those up soon.

Users who are viewing this thread