5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speedometer recalibration for 2021 1500 with Parking assist

Morenar

Reaction score
I spoke to Rough country and they are working on getting their recalibration tool working with the 2021 models with Parking assist. Has anyone heard if there are other recalibration tools available or will RAM dealers be able to recalibrate for a fee?

Morenar

Reaction score
Sorry to bring this back up. Has anyone been able to use the RoughCountry Recalibration tool on their 2021 Ram 1500 yet? I read that the issue may be if you recalibrate for 35's and up that parksense stops working.

Morenar

Reaction score
Just heard back from RoughCountry. They say the OBD port is different on the 2021 Ram 1500. So their tool will not work. Is that right? They said to check with Hypertech and based on their site it should work with the 2021. I just emailed their tech support to make sure.

Morenar

Reaction score
Hypertech responded. Their programmer will not work with Ram's with these options
  • Advanced Saftey Group Not Supported
  • Does not support vehicles equipped with Advanced Safety Group (adaptive cruise, forward collision warning/prevention) Does not support vehicles equipped with Advanced Safety Group (adaptive cruise, forward collision warning/prevention)
  • PAM (Parking Assist)
The only item they have that will work is the inline calibrator #730133 but you have to break open your dash. Not something I am willing to do. Guess the dealer is the only option.

doolin64

Reaction score
Aren't OBDII ports a standardized thing? There's a couple members here with '21s that used the Rough Country calibrator. He did confirm park assist did not work. The tazer works on 21's. I believe up to 35" tires as well. At first I was like "no way" I want it all to work. Which is true, I do but I have never once used park assist except to get frustrated in a parking lot trying to get it to work. I couldn't imagine using that function to try and parallel park on a busy road, thumbing through menus, making sure it was set for parallel parking versus normal parking etc.

Morenar

Reaction score
Aren't OBDII ports a standardized thing? There's a couple members here with '21s that used the Rough Country calibrator. He did confirm park assist did not work. The tazer works on 21's. I believe up to 35" tires as well. At first I was like "no way" I want it all to work. Which is true, I do but I have never once used park assist except to get frustrated in a parking lot trying to get it to work. I couldn't imagine using that function to try and parallel park on a busy road, thumbing through menus, making sure it was set for parallel parking versus normal parking etc.
I am wondering if me going from 285/45/22 to the 285/55/22 is even worth it to recalibrate. Based on some online calculators. My speedometer will be off more in the higher speeds up to 5 mph off. I am worried more about the shift points.

doolin64

Reaction score
I'm going to the same size and plan to recalibrate. But that does mean it's necessary. LOL

I'd say try without and then maybe in the mean time someone properly cracks the code for the calibration.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I paid the $250 and went with superchips flashcal. I think it keeps everything intact, but I may be mistaken.

TechDaddy3x

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Limited and after adding level and 34” tires I used AlphaOBD and security bypass + obd Bluetooth module to make the changes. No issues and speedo is spot to GPS and Radar detector. $85 all in

FiremanHemi

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Limited and after adding level and 34” tires I used AlphaOBD and security bypass + obd Bluetooth module to make the changes. No issues and speedo is spot to GPS and Radar detector. $85 all in
Would you mind sending me exactly what you bought so I can do the same LOL, thanks

ramchaser

Reaction score
Went to the dealer for the "Mopar approved" recal on my 2019 as I went to 35's and it disabled my park assist. Currently working with Ram Cares as the dealer is lost as to what to do to fix it. Speedo is correct now though lol.

Users who are viewing this thread