5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speedometer Calibration

Joe08

Reaction score
I just put new wheels and tires on my 2021 ram 3500 DRW. How can I recalibrate the speedometer?
I've heard the 2022 HD can self recalibrate using the navigation.

Thoughts?

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i am in the process of doing this on a 1500 but alot of people use the alfaobd app on android devices paired with a obdlinx bluetooth module and jumper harness there are threads all over this site with write ups for it but im not sure that works for 3500's good luck

1923bob

Reaction score
i am in the process of doing this on a 1500 but alot of people use the alfaobd app on android devices paired with a obdlinx bluetooth module and jumper harness there are threads all over this site with write ups for it but im not sure that works for 3500's good luck
Tazer works good

TANDREW822

Reaction score
I Just re-calibrated mine using Superchips/flashcal. Super easy to do and my speedo is right on.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Idk I don’t have one. Does this not work?
They can't get to the security gateway as easy as us with the 1500s. It's inside the dash if I recall what I was reading. In theory they can plug a taser in, if they rip their dash apart.

Edit: it's behind the gage cluster. Need to take the cluster out to get to it.

JasonLBess

Reaction score
If the speed indicated on a phone app can be trusted, my 2021 1500 bighorn recalibrated itself after a couple days of driving.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If the speed indicated on a phone app can be trusted, my 2021 1500 bighorn recalibrated itself after a couple days of driving.

The speedometer can't recalibrate itself. If your phone is connected to UConnect, it will not read accurately.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
So weird thing I found today. I finally got around to changing my tire size using Alfa. I have bfg at ko2 35x12.50r20s and tried using 2710mm as someone else mentioned worked for them, but my park sensors didn’t like that. I moved to 2700mm and park sensors were good. My Speedo is reading within 1 mph according to the app on my work phone which isn’t connected to the truck, but my other phone reads way off when connected to the uconnect. I noticed it on Waze on the screen first and then downloaded a speedo app and it read off as well. Funny thing is, if I disconnect the phone from the uconnect(unplugged and WiFi/Bluetooth off) it reads exactly like the other phone and is within 1 mph of the cluster. But as soon as i connect it to uconnect it reads slower than I am driving. I noticed ever since I changed tires that Waze was off and sometimes showed me driving off the road, but I hoped after correcting the tire size it would correct that as well but it didn’t. Anyone else with a 22 notice anything like this?

JasonLBess

Reaction score
The speedometer can't recalibrate itself. If your phone is connected to UConnect, it will not read accurately.
Ahhh…that explains it. I typically drive around with my phone plugged in, but I took the chord out when I dropped my truck off at the dealership and didn’t bring it with me when I picked it up. Good to know — thanks for the correction.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Doesn’t the phone use the trucks gps when plugged in as well?

Reaction score
When I put bigger tires on my truck I just had the ram dealer recalibrate it along with do a alignment. Think I paid $125 for that. Comes with a two month guarantee or they do it again for free

skyhawk42

Reaction score
Doesn’t the phone use the trucks gps when plugged in as well?
That’s what I thought too, but that’s the only time my phone has the wrong mph is when it’s plugged in. After redoing the tire size with Alfa my speedo matches both of my phones, but if I plug one in, the phone that’s plugged in changes to a speed that’s lower than the actual speed. I wish I knew how to make them match so Waze would work right

Users who are viewing this thread