5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speedo recalibration ?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I wouldn’t give up on the Tazer so easily.

Did you do the sleep cycles properly? Usually when something weird like this happens that’s the problem.

Paulie T

Reaction score
I wouldn’t give up on the Tazer so easily.

Did you do the sleep cycles properly? Usually when something weird like this happens that’s the problem.

I don’t want to give up on it and yes I did go through the steps properly.

My issue is things happen occasionally and how a company handles the issue means a lot. To get the bs response I got and to say yeah there’s an issue going over 33.24 and ram hasn’t fixed it, but yet they advertise going over 35” will cause issues, pisses me off and makes me not want to use their product anymore.

Paulie T

Reaction score
Did you try texting (631)533-3363

I got the quickest response going direct.
No I just went through emails. Issue isn’t the speed of their response it’s the response itself

Paulie T

Reaction score
Yes. If you're unfortunate enough to own an iPhone, you can use J Scan. ;)

I don’t want to buy another thing and it not work. This j scan should work? Is there a certain plug I should buy? I looked at j scan and it’s free. There’s no charge? Other than buying the obd connector? That don’t seem right

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don’t want to buy another thing and it not work. This j scan should work? Is there a certain plug I should buy? I looked at j scan and it’s free. There’s no charge? Other than buying the obd connector? That don’t seem right

In order to use JScan, you have to pay. I don't have any experience with it, but I've read a lot of comments. Maybe @Jimmy07 can help you, because I don't want to give you bad information.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter what tool you buy to change the tire size (tazer, AlfaOBD, Jscan, pro cal, whatever…). They ALL do the exact same thing to the BCM for the tire size. Once you hit a certain circumference, it throws park sense into a fit. That circumference seems to be somewhere between 2600-2700mm.

Paulie T

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter what tool you buy to change the tire size (tazer, AlfaOBD, Jscan, pro cal, whatever…). They ALL do the exact same thing to the BCM for the tire size. Once you hit a certain circumference, it throws park sense into a fit. That circumference seems to be somewhere between 2600-2700mm.
Let me try it again and see what happens

Chopper 20

Reaction score
Guys, I put 35" Nittos on my truck. I had the dealer calibrate the speedo. The park sense code is on and obviously doesn't work. I see the note about 2020 and later 35" limit. Obviously not exceeding this. The tech at the dealer is communicating with engineers who had him put it back to the factory tire size. Obviously not what I want. They are saying it may have something to do with this being an eco diesel, not sure why that would make a difference. Any ideas?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Guys, I put 35" Nittos on my truck. I had the dealer calibrate the speedo. The park sense code is on and obviously doesn't work. I see the note about 2020 and later 35" limit. Obviously not exceeding this. The tech at the dealer is communicating with engineers who had him put it back to the factory tire size. Obviously not what I want. They are saying it may have something to do with this being an eco diesel, not sure why that would make a difference. Any ideas?
I have 35x12.50x20s on my 2020 BTS. Used my TazerDT to adjust for tire size. No issues with park Sense. FWIW, 35" tires don't actually measure 35" diameter. I think I used like 34.6 or 34.7, whatever the actual number is, with the TazerDT to get my speedo accurate

Last edited:

Chopper 20

Reaction score
I have 35x12.50x20s on my 2020 BTS. Used my TazerDT to adjust for tire size. No issues with park Sense. FWIW, 35" tires don't actually measure 35" diameter. I think I used like 34.6 or 34.7, whatever the actual number is, with the TazerDT to get my speedo accurate
Ok, thank you. I was trying to avoid doing it myself. I figured the dealership would have been able to get it right. I'll look into the TazerDT then.

Chopper 20

Reaction score
Just picked the truck up from the dealership. The Stellantis engineers say there is a known problem to disable park sense on the EcoDiesel 1500 when 35"s go on. Apparently there is a software update inbound.

Philth

Reaction score
Not sure if this helps, but on my Trackhawk the Park Sensors do the same thing; they throw a fit if you change the tire size with any program. It's definitely not specific to any Ram model.

Paulie T

Reaction score
Ok so I took the tazer off completely. Driving to a job site and service electronic throttle control and stability control came on and didn’t have much acceleration. I was near a ram dealership so stopped there.

After them found a pcm reflash, then a fuel cleaner and fuel filter which I had just done the fuel filter, they are trying to say they found DEF in fuel tank and I need a complete fuel system and it’s not covered.

I am the only one that drives my truck and I know for a fact I have never put def in the fuel tank. Last time def was purchased and put in was 3/16. Talked to Ram care and they are stating that the dealer told them this is the cause and it’s not covered

Users who are viewing this thread