5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

speed limit wrong on quite a few roads on the nav 12 in

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just chatted with Ram Chat about the state the Nav will be in new builds with 12" uConnect. Here was their response, and contact info for those of you dealing with this. My truck just entered JB this morning.

Alexis (3/12/2019, 8:57:51 AM): Hi, my name is Alexis with FCA Customer Care, How may I help you?
Me (3/12/2019, 9:00:00 AM): Hello, I am awaiting the delivery of my factory ordered 2019 Ram 1500. I have been reading about the uConnect maps being 2 years out of date, with roads missing and speed limits incorrect. Many people have said they had to go to their dealer and get a map update costing them $149.00. My questions is how updated will the current builds be for the uConnect Nav? Will there be updates already loaded, or do we need to update them at a dealer because the wifi updates do not fix this. If so, does FCA cover the cost so that our new vehicles are updated
Alexis (3/12/2019, 9:00:36 AM): I can definitely look into this further for you, do you have the VIN?
Me (3/12/2019, 9:01:14 AM): Thanks. While you are looking into it, can you please tell me that build code status my Ram is at? VIN xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Alexis (3/12/2019, 9:02:09 AM): The system is currently displaying that:
• Vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment.
• This is a necessary step when additional features or optional equipment packages are added to the vehicle.
Me (3/12/2019, 9:03:03 AM): So is that code "I" or another
Alexis (3/12/2019, 9:03:15 AM): In regards to the maps, i've checked on the website and the 2019 model year isn't listed. Our maps are supplied through "HERE maps".
It states that a product isn't listed for you although you can contact them directly at:
1 (866) 422-8182

Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. (Eastern Time Zone)
Alexis (3/12/2019, 9:03:22 AM): Code is JB
Me (3/12/2019, 9:04:21 AM): So you do not know the Nav. version that is currently being put into new builds with the 12" uConnect?
Alexis (3/12/2019, 9:05:19 AM): No, i do apologize. I can only see that the vehicle is equipped with nav.
Me (3/12/2019, 9:05:48 AM): ok is there a website I can contact Here maps at?
Alexis (3/12/2019, 9:06:16 AM): https://chryslergroup.navigation.com/cms/page.ContactUs/en_US/ChryslerNA/CAD
Me (3/12/2019, 9:07:44 AM): great. thank you.

grinch72

Reaction score
I happen to like the option of turning on the voice speed limit warning. I set it to +10 over the limit. Of course I know it's not always accurate, but it gives me a sanity check.

Unfortunately with map updates being too expensive and not available, the usefulness goes way down.

Also, with the nav voice volume setting bug, it's very annoying to use!

Too bad FCA didn't get this feature right! It could be very helpful instead of annoying!
Whats with the nav voice bug? Haven't heard of that? Works fine for me.

Rich

Reaction score
Whats with the nav voice bug? Haven't heard of that? Works fine for me.

Yes, it works but is ALWAYS reset to be too LOUD! LOL

If you turn it down, every time you restart the truck, it's much too loud again. It resets to 15 every time. A setting of 2 is enough, 4 is loud, so 15 much too much. I have the 8.4 w/Nav.

Using the Speed Limit Warning makes this painfully obvious OMHO. :)

lacssj

Reaction score
My new 19 Laramie has the 12 inch display, but driving down the road with the speed reminder (a few police trap areas) I noticed that in out 45 MPH zone, it will tell me it is 25, and then goes to 65, then back to 25...… it is happening on a few roads.. is there an update that needs to be done?
any info or help will be greatly appreciated!

Same issues. So far I am not at all impressed with nav features. Not sure if it is a UConnect or a Sirius Traffic/Nav thing. In this particular case I am assuming the latter.

grinch72

Reaction score
Same issues. So far I am not at all impressed with nav features. Not sure if it is a UConnect or a Sirius Traffic/Nav thing. In this particular case I am assuming the latter.
It’s the maps the Uconnect system uses. Has nothing to do with Sirius at all.

Reaction score
My new 19 Laramie has the 12 inch display, but driving down the road with the speed reminder (a few police trap areas) I noticed that in out 45 MPH zone, it will tell me it is 25, and then goes to 65, then back to 25...… it is happening on a few roads.. is there an update that needs to be done?
any info or help will be greatly appreciated!
Mine too.

Users who are viewing this thread