5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

speed limit wrong on quite a few roads on the nav 12 in

cotonymopar

Reaction score
My new 19 Laramie has the 12 inch display, but driving down the road with the speed reminder (a few police trap areas) I noticed that in out 45 MPH zone, it will tell me it is 25, and then goes to 65, then back to 25...… it is happening on a few roads.. is there an update that needs to be done?
any info or help will be greatly appreciated!

Maple

Reaction score
Not sure if it applies to the 12" screen, but I know the 8.4" screen's maps are very out of date. It says they are dated at some point in 2018, but they are missing roads, speed limit updates, even newer sub-divisions. I'd say they reflect 2015/2016 at best. Haven't been able to find an update for the maps.

cotonymopar

Reaction score
Not sure if it applies to the 12" screen, but I know the 8.4" screen's maps are very out of date. It says they are dated at some point in 2018, but they are missing roads, speed limit updates, even newer sub-divisions. I'd say they reflect 2015/2016 at best. Haven't been able to find an update for the maps.
I looked on the uconnect site... my wife has a 2015 renegade, and does not have the problem with hers...

knightro84

Reaction score
There are some residential streets in my area where it shows the speed limit as 55 when it is really 25 lol

klail

Reaction score
There are some residential streets in my area where it shows the speed limit as 55 when it is really 25 lol
"But officer, my truck said the speed limit was 55. It wasn't my fault I was speeding. Poor Timmy shouldn't have been playing basketball in the street anyways." Haha Sad thing is, I'm sure a police officer somewhere has heard that one.

grinch72

Reaction score
speed limits on the maps are garbage! I turned them off they were so bad in my area!

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't have Nav in my truck but I do have a portable Garmin and it's pretty good at speed limits, the one I like is flying over open space where the road has been for years but for some reason none of the places that do GPS including google and waze have it on their systems.;)

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
the Map is outdated and i dont know of a way to update it.

Only way to update is at dealer and it costs $149 as I don't have the factory one I am not sure what the latest update it. That is $149 for each update and they do it roughly every 3 years. That was the main reason I still have my portable Garmin. When I bought it 5+ years ago it was around $90 with free lifetime updates and they do about 3 updates a year.

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Only way to update is at dealer and it costs $149 as I don't have the factory one I am not sure what the latest update it. That is $149 for each update and they do it roughly every 3 years. That was the main reason I still have my portable Garmin. When I bought it 5+ years ago it was around $90 with free lifetime updates and they do about 3 updates a year.
yah i aint paying 149 for a brand new truck that costs 63K to update the maps. i dont even think there is a latest version of maps around, the one i have is about 2 years old i think.

Volkster

Reaction score
Mine has the same problem...seems to display 55 when when map doesn't know the speed limit of the current road. My 17' GMC at least showed 2 small hash marks when it did not know

Wxgs333

Reaction score
It's telling me to run 70 mph while I am driving in the winding mountain road with multiple sharp turns-- the road sign tells me to turn at 15, so I guess FCA wanted me to do some driftings....:unsure:

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so those of us whose trucks are on order and coming in when we pick it up at the dealership we asked them to make sure they navigation is updated? Or is that something they automatically have updated on the build

klail

Reaction score
so those of us whose trucks are on order and coming in when we pick it up at the dealership we asked them to make sure they navigation is updated? Or is that something they automatically have updated on the build
My guess is there will not be an update avaiable at that time. If there is indeed an update, I would tell them to update it free of charge because they are trying to sell you something that is out of date.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My guess is there will not be an update avaiable at that time. If there is indeed an update, I would tell them to update it free of charge because they are trying to sell you something that is out of date.
So in order to do that I would need to know when the latest update is so that I can check to see if that is what's in my truck and if not request them to update it. So I'm looking for information as to what's the most updated version end what has everyone who just received a truck

syddog 2000

Reaction score
I depend on the old fashioned way, I read the signs. It is an irritation agreed!

Rich

Reaction score
I happen to like the option of turning on the voice speed limit warning. I set it to +10 over the limit. Of course I know it's not always accurate, but it gives me a sanity check.

Unfortunately with map updates being too expensive and not available, the usefulness goes way down.

Also, with the nav voice volume setting bug, it's very annoying to use!

Too bad FCA didn't get this feature right! It could be very helpful instead of annoying!

Users who are viewing this thread