5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speakers in my Rebel

ajosephngs

Reaction score
So I have gone over my window sticker, and even built a new rebel online to match mine and I cannot figure out what sound system comes in the Rebel. I’m guessing it’s just the basic 6 speaker which shocks me based on the price tag. Some sites say the level 2 upgrade gives you HK but I can’t figure it out. Crutchfield onky lets you select alpine 9 speaker on their model configuration tool.

I’m short, my audio sucks. It’s sucked since day 1. I have the 8.4 non nav Uconnect rebel with level 2 equipment group. Anyone know what speakers are supposed to ship on level 2 equipment groups? I’m secretly hoping I have the HK system and just need the dealer to update the amp as noted in other threads.

porkie

Reaction score
For my rebel build, level 2, did not have any upgraded speakers. HK was only available as part of the Rebel 12 option. The alpine 9 speaker option would show up on the window sticker if you had it.

dannydyn

Reaction score
Level 1 and 2 come with standard stereo.

You can add the 9-speaker Alpine system for $595, which in turn will force you to upgrade to either Level 1 or 2 (if you haven't already opted for it). But opting for Level 1 or 2, does not automatically get you the Alpine system (it's a standalone option)

Rebel12 (up until the temporary halt they put on this package), would get you the HK-12 system, but that too has now been 'downgraded' to include the Alpine system (+ Level 2 that you have to opt for as part of the 12" screen package). The HK12 is no longer available under the new A25 (Rebel12 2.0).

So to recap:

Level 1 and 2 - get you no upgraded stereo
Alpine - is a standalone option you can opt for ($595), but in turn force you to add Level 1 or 2 on top of that.
Rebel12 (new version of this package) - includes the Alpine NOT the HK12
HK12 - no longer offered on new builds - unless you're lucky to find one on a dealer's lot

ajosephngs

Reaction score
I suspected as much. I’ll be digging in with a complete swap. I’m hoping the other speaker locations are wired.

ajosephngs

Reaction score
I’ll be swapping the dash, doors and added a sub. Swapping the amp is a no go though. I want to preserve the noise cancellation so I’m stuck with the stock amp. Need to research the ohm at each location so I don’t lose volume. Bed lighting first though, it’s dark back there. :)

Users who are viewing this thread