5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speaker wiring harness

stepbill

Reaction score
It's weird cause Amazon gives me one set of numbers and when I look at Crutchfield they give me another. I ordered Metra 72-6514 for all the speakers cause that's what Amazon offered. Probably bit the pooch on that one. I order 2 sets of Infinity Reference REF-3022cfx so that I could replace all 3 dash speakers and then ordered Infinity Reference REF9623ix for the rear doors. Probably won't get to install them until I get the right harness. May go by Best Buy in the morning and see what they say.

stepbill

Reaction score
Patsy, you're right! I went to Crutchfield and put the item in the cart and it showed me the correct harness. I ordered them from Crutchfield and will have to return the others to Amazon when I get them. Thanks for your help!

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's weird cause Amazon gives me one set of numbers and when I look at Crutchfield they give me another. I ordered Metra 72-6514 for all the speakers cause that's what Amazon offered. Probably bit the pooch on that one. I order 2 sets of Infinity Reference REF-3022cfx so that I could replace all 3 dash speakers and then ordered Infinity Reference REF9623ix for the rear doors. Probably won't get to install them until I get the right harness. May go by Best Buy in the morning and see what they say.
Is this for upgrading the 9 speaker optional system? Please post how it sounds after upgrade.Does it crisp up mid to highs? Clean up bass? What costs involved and where to get them.....all Amazon? My Rebel 9 speaker sounds ok but bass is kinda boomy. Do grills pop off for access? Thx

stepbill

Reaction score
Jhill, I will keep you posted. The 3 dash speakers, the grills just pop off. For the rear doors, you have to remove the panels but they are a lot easier than the front doors. I read in other forums not to worry about the front door speakers, that they are mainly base and the sound quality will not change much if you do swap them out. The big change is with the dash and rear doors. Will keep you updated.

Users who are viewing this thread