5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sound Horn with Lock (2nd Press)

Jeremy2854

Reaction score
Add me to the list also. Can change it and it'll work normally for a few days before going back to not honking on second press of lock.

Also have one of the radios that take forever to connect to Bluetooth every single time I turn on the vehicle.

TJBryner

Reaction score
Add me to the list. Same problem. Horn suddenly stopped working on 2nd press of lock button with key fob. UCONNECT settings are set correctly.

RTS001

Reaction score
Well, coursing get my mirrors to fold in right after I bought my 2021 limited. I also have this issue I just found out today. When they hooked up the truck to their computer that were able to get the passenger mirror to fold but not the driver. They told me it must be a programming glitch. I’ll have them look at both tomorrow and let ya’ll know what I find out.

Jokersreven9e

Reaction score
Same here with the horn not activated on 2nd press, just started at 4K miles.

2021 Laramie 12” uconnect- built 7/21

Jokersreven9e

Reaction score
The setting to off, then one press, then 2 brought it back. Can’t go from off to 2, it doesn’t work.

Sspearsau

Reaction score
Following this thread, as my 2022 Limited started doing this less than a month in and fewer than a thousand miles on it. There are a lot of other more complex features I thought would have failed before this one.

I agree with all of those that hate the horn beeping when locked, however, the setting for the second lock makes sense to have in the times it is needed (i.e. you're inside your house and can't see your car and forgot if you locked it...).

Eric306

Reaction score
Hello, new to the forums..i recently purchased a 21 Built to Serve anvil edition. This is my 2nd ram so i am very familiar with uconnect. Howver with only 6k miles my horn will not beep on 2nd press. It is turned on in the radio...any fix for this?

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello, new to the forums..i recently purchased a 21 Built to Serve anvil edition. This is my 2nd ram so i am very familiar with uconnect. Howver with only 6k miles my horn will not beep on 2nd press. It is turned on in the radio...any fix for this?

See post #16

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The setting to off, then one press, then 2 brought it back. Can’t go from off to 2, it doesn’t work.
^This is what I did. On a different note, I absolutely hate the horn honking so loudly when I lock the doors. I’m going to find the trigger and wire in my own electronic buzzer, like this one:
D38779EA-64C3-49C6-BCFF-E2CB7F66B48E.jpeg

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine works as designed, although I have a 2019 year model, so never has been an issue. I have it set up for 1 press lock all doors no horn honk, and 2 press horn honk. I will typically use the 1 press method but have seen the usefulness in the horn honk 2 press in a few scenarios.

1. When I'm home and in and out of the truck a few times during the day and at the end of the day I do not remember or just want to be sure the truck is locked for the night and am inside the house and just grab the fob and double click and listen for the horn honk to assure me the truck is secure.

2. When at an event like an LSU (Geaux Tigers!) football game, Saints (Who Dat!) football game, or Mardi Gras
(Laissez les bons temps rouler) and you park for a tailgate at let's say 10:00 A.M. and leave the game/party at say 11:00 P.M. with a FEW adult beverages in between and from the time you parked to the time you are about to leave, 100,000 other people have parked as well and you know the vicinity of the where-about that you parked but not exactly, when you get close, double press and follow the horn honk to your truck.

jgmac98

Reaction score
i was able to solve mine by going into my settings, set the horn to honk with lock to off, turn off the truck, restart, set the same setting to 1 press, turn off the truck, restart and then set to double press.

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
Yeah this solves it for me too. Just wondering what is causing and if anyone has asked the dealership about it. Also I noticed that my rain sense wipers were not auto turning on. Does anyone know if the wipers are off off, will this not work? There is no auto option to put it on.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah this solves it for me too. Just wondering what is causing and if anyone has asked the dealership about it. Also I noticed that my rain sense wipers were not auto turning on. Does anyone know if the wipers are off off, will this not work? There is no auto option to put it on.
You turn on auto wipers by setting the wiper knob to intermittent. Try turning it to the highest intermittent setting (least delay) when it’s misting or very light rain. The wipers’ delay will match the amount of rain the system interprets is on the windshield. I haven’t tried it with the wipers in low or high, and don’t know if that bypasses the auto wipers. Off definitely means off though.

LakesAZ

Reaction score
Friends don't let friends have there horn honk when locking their trucks. Do you really need that sound when your lights will flash with the lock and unlock? I mean you push the button on the door handle to lock it and you can see the lock go down. I find it really annoying especially when you're in a parking lot and walking by the truck or car being unlocked and the horn scares the s**t out of you.

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
Friends don't let friends have there horn honk when locking their trucks. Do you really need that sound when your lights will flash with the lock and unlock? I mean you push the button on the door handle to lock it and you can see the lock go down. I find it really annoying especially when you're in a parking lot and walking by the truck or car being unlocked and the horn scares the s**t out of you.
I think the point is for things to work like they should. And mostly to each is own.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The "delay" function on the wipers isn't for them to be intermediately on as we are used to, the setting is sensitivity to the rain-sense wipers if that makes sense.

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
The "delay" function on the wipers isn't for them to be intermediately on as we are used to, the setting is sensitivity to the rain-sense wipers if that makes sense.
That makes perfect sense now.

Users who are viewing this thread