5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sound Horn with Lock (2nd Press)

ABarton

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I've got a 2021 1500 Limited that's about two weeks old. When I go to change the settings in UConnect for the "Sound Horn with Lock" feature, I am not able to get the horn to sound with the "2nd Press" selection even thought it does allow me to make that selection in the UConnect system. Everything works fine when I have it setup under "1st Press," but when I select "2nd Press, " the horn won't sound at all or it will work for a day or two and then not sound at all when locking the vehicle. Seems like there might be some sort of software glitch and I wanted to see if this might be unique to my truck or if others have experienced this?

Thanks,
AB

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There are a few others here with that problem

Tmains

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I've got a 2021 1500 Limited that's about two weeks old. When I go to change the settings in UConnect for the "Sound Horn with Lock" feature, I am not able to get the horn to sound with the "2nd Press" selection even thought it does allow me to make that selection in the UConnect system. Everything works fine when I have it setup under "1st Press," but when I select "2nd Press, " the horn won't sound at all or it will work for a day or two and then not sound at all when locking the vehicle. Seems like there might be some sort of software glitch and I wanted to see if this might be unique to my truck or if others have experienced this?

Thanks,
AB
Same problem here.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Add me to the list. Happened once before and I just had to disable and re-enable, but this time that didn't seem to work. I will bring it up at the dealer whenever they release the TSB for the auto start/stop button on the 21's and I take it in for that.

Nazbill

Reaction score
Following because I have same issue! If I changed it to one press then back to 2 it’ll work for short time but then stops working again. Glad it’s not just me tho lol

RiggerRoy

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Thanks,
AB
Same here. 2021 Limited.

Foofee99

Reaction score
Same here, I have a 2021 Laramie 1500. Also last week Uconnect did an update, I thought it would fix it. Nope. Still only works for one press. Second press no horn even when selected. Also, my lane blinds sensor lights up for the blind spots mirror, but no chime is heard even though I have it on light plus chime. Anyone else have that issue?

RBRK

Reaction score
Try turning the second press horn sound to off then try it by pushing the key fob. Then go back in and turn honk with second press back on and see if it works. I did this on mine and it came back on. Try a similar thing with the blind spot setting.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
My 2021 Laramie was set up from the factory to honk on the second click. That's the first thing I turned off when I got it home. The lights flashing is all I need to know my truck is locked. The horn honking is just annoying.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
My 2021 Laramie was set up from the factory to honk on the second click. That's the first thing I turned off when I got it home. The lights flashing is all I need to know my truck is locked. The horn honking is just annoying.
I agree that it's annoying most of the time, but I can see times when I'd like to know the truck is locked but can't see it to visually verify that. It's a feature that's supposed to function, so I get why some are annoyed it doesn't work. It's something that's at the bottom of my list of concerns though.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I agree that it's annoying most of the time, but I can see times when I'd like to know the truck is locked but can't see it to visually verify that. It's a feature that's supposed to function, so I get why some are annoyed it doesn't work. It's something that's at the bottom of my list of concerns though.
I agree that it should work as designed, but because I hate honking horns so much I'm hoping this is a widespread problem. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Milkman424m

Reaction score
Exactly it should work. I’d like to be able to change it at time but it’s doesn’t work as designed

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My solution has been to disable it. Lock the truck with fob. Enable one press = honk. Lock with fob. Enable two press = honk.

This has cleared my glitch twice now. No rhyme or reason why it stops working.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Thanks,
AB

Trying to wake your neighbors up with the horn beep?

Users who are viewing this thread