5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soon to be Back Country owner in Ohio

Grimgreg

Reaction score
Hey all, another FNG here. Ordered a Big Horn Back Country in December, dealer thinks it will arrive next week. My first Ram, have been driving mostly Nissans (had a couple Dodge vans from the 80s). My current Nissan, 03 Frontier, just became too much to deal with and too little of a truck for me.
I'm a carpenter in Columbus, Ohio, but spend a lot of time in Eastern Ohio, in the country. Lots of dirt roads and farm fields so I needed to stay in a 4x4.
A lot of good info in the forums here, hope I can contribute some myself.

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
Hey all, another FNG here. Ordered a Big Horn Back Country in December, dealer thinks it will arrive next week. My first Ram, have been driving mostly Nissans (had a couple Dodge vans from the 80s). My current Nissan, 03 Frontier, just became too much to deal with and too little of a truck for me.
I'm a carpenter in Columbus, Ohio, but spend a lot of time in Eastern Ohio, in the country. Lots of dirt roads and farm fields so I needed to stay in a 4x4.
Hey there Grimgreg, I am from Northeast OH and waiting on my BH Backcountry as well!

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome, from another Central Ohioan! Looking forward to pics when it arrives!

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t forget the concrete corn field!

Congrats!

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice! I am also from Columbus… Hilliard area. Oh what kind of carpentry do you do? And be sure to post pictures when you get it!

Grimgreg

Reaction score
Nice! I am also from Columbus… Hilliard area. Oh what kind of carpentry do you do? And be sure to post pictures when you get it!
My wife grew up in Hilliard, I'm a transplant from California. I was a commercial carpenter for 10 years, then a handyman for another 10. Semi retired the past 5 years to take care of family. There will be pics, even though we have all seen a granite/ black 1500 before, lol.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My wife grew up in Hilliard, I'm a transplant from California. I was a commercial carpenter for 10 years, then a handyman for another 10. Semi retired the past 5 years to take care of family. There will be pics, even though we have all seen a granite/ black 1500 before, lol.
If you're interested, I have an interior trim job I need to have done sometime...

Grimgreg

Reaction score
If you're interested, I have an interior trim job I need to have done sometime...
If you are in no hurry I might be, part of why I say I semi retired, I'm not working, but have no availability to until about May at the earliest.

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
Jealous, can’t wait to get mine. So from your pics it appears Ram is still putting chrome lugs on the black rims 😫

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just learned that the side steps were dropped from the Back Country package sometime in early January. We received 4 trucks this week and 2 of them had no steps. They were ordered in early January others were ordered in December. Couple of disappointed customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online