5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something up with my truck It won’t start and smelt

CDP110

Reaction score
Hey whts up Quick question. So I worked all day and I’m a heavy highway inspector do my truck gets started quite a bit during the coarse of the day and today about 330 (8 and 1/2 hrs into my shift I went to start my 19 Ram 1500 5.7 bighorn and the freaking stater kept on cranking and cranking and cranking until finally I smelt something weird like a burning smell. The truck has push button start do it kept cranking. I could not stop it. It wouldn’t start so I had to get it towed to my local dealership and of coarse they are backed up 2 weeks and no loner car. Sucks for me. My truck had 19000 miles on it and comes with a $500 payment and probably won’t be fixed for awhile and no loaner. Sucks still under factory warranty and bought 7 year Mopar warranty and have no truck to drive and still have payment. NOT IMPRESSED at ALL

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was floor mat over the accelerator pedal. Will cause it to crank and not start

CDP110

Reaction score
Floor Matt was not over pedal. Wht do u thing would make the starter to fry

CDP110

Reaction score
Hey whts up everybody. Does anyone else have any other insight why my 19 Ram won’t start. Not even click. Dealership said they had a couple problems with fuel pumps which in turn would make starter keep turning but no fuel. Not happy at all

Skater

Reaction score
Was floor mat over the accelerator pedal. Will cause it to crank and not start
Sorry to state this is not always the case as I can attest when I installed my slush mats. I had it over the pedal and when I pushed the start button it started and tacked right up at 4K rpm. It was 7:30 am. I have the Carven exhaust. I’m pretty sure I woke up a three block radius of neighbors.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry to state this is not always the case as I can attest when I installed my slush mats. I had it over the pedal and when I pushed the start button it started and tacked right up at 4K rpm. It was 7:30 am. I have the Carven exhaust. I’m pretty sure I woke up a three block radius of neighbors.
Very true, but he’s not going to run outside and drop his tank to see if his fuel pump is working. Checking the mat or a blown fuse on his fuel pump are about his only at home trouble shooting options.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey whts up everybody. Does anyone else have any other insight why my 19 Ram won’t start. Not even click. Dealership said they had a couple problems with fuel pumps which in turn would make starter keep turning but no fuel. Not happy at all

We certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you are not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members and you decide to address this with your Ram dealer, please be sure to follow up with us via private message. We would be more than willing to provide you with an additional layer of support for the dealer process.

Mark
RamCares

CDP110

Reaction score
Hey whts up Quick question. So I worked all day and I’m a heavy highway inspector do my truck gets started quite a bit during the coarse of the day and today about 330 (8 and 1/2 hrs into my shift I went to start my 19 Ram 1500 5.7 bighorn and the freaking stater kept on cranking and cranking and cranking until finally I smelt something weird like a burning smell. The truck has push button start do it kept cranking. I could not stop it. It wouldn’t start so I had to get it towed to my local dealership and of coarse they are backed up 2 weeks and no loner car. Sucks for me. My truck had 19000 miles on it and comes with a $500 payment and probably won’t be fixed for awhile and no loaner. Sucks still under factory warranty and bought 7 year Mopar warranty and have no truck to drive and still have payment. NOT IMPRESSED at ALL

CDP110

Reaction score
So I brought to dealership and they ran their tests and truck through bunch of codes in pcm and 1 code in bcm. Dealer said starter solenoid was burned up. They are saying they gonna have to replace pcm most likely. Hopefully not fuel pump cause underwriter said fuel pump on back order till December. Probably from COVID. Can’t wait till life gonna b normal again after this BS COVID out of here

Users who are viewing this thread