5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Someone had to be the first......

DieselDak

Reaction score
Will you keep the tranny and rear end stock?

Trans will stay stock, we have had great success with the 8HP75 in our Wrangler JL Hellcat swaps, beat the hell out of them in MOAB with no issues.

The rear end........well that isnt going to last. I was speaking with Dynatrac yesterday and they have a unit that will drop in our trucks, they provided the rear end for the original TRX concept truck and are the best in the business by a long shot. So that will be happening.

RichT

Reaction score
cant wait for the start up video and picsssss more pics.

lol, "this kit will be available...". hope its a bolt-on!! :sneaky:

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
... hope its a bolt-on!! :sneaky:
Hahahahaha... you have to lift the cab off the frame! Hahahaha, yeah, it's a bolt on!

"Professional Shop equipment required and lifts" will be in the fine print.

Whiskey_tango

Reaction score
Trans will stay stock, we have had great success with the 8HP75 in our Wrangler JL Hellcat swaps, beat the hell out of them in MOAB with no issues.

The rear end........well that isnt going to last. I was speaking with Dynatrac yesterday and they have a unit that will drop in our trucks, they provided the rear end for the original TRX concept truck and are the best in the business by a long shot. So that will be happening.

Nice, that thing is gonna rip!

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took an off day today but it should be running Tuesday. HP Tuners is flying in to help with the tune and set up.

Only things left to do before I can start it up is fab new AC lines and plumb the oil cooler system.

This kit will be offered if anyone else wanted to go down this path........not cheap but its only money :)
Hp tuners supports 5th gen rams now?

blownout1500

Reaction score

blownout1500

Reaction score

Dirtking did the suspension for the original TRX. Any idea if anyone’s working on mid/long travel parts for the 5th gen yet?

DieselDak

Reaction score
Big update post coming Sunday. Fired it up for the first time last night, had an issue with a bad coil but all is sorted out now. Runs clean and smooth, no CELs, thank you HP Tuners.

Tuning it and dialing it in on Sunday.

blownout1500

Reaction score
I spoke with them about an month ago and nothing is planned as of yet. Would be great if they did, it is REALLY nice stuff
Yeah I’ve been politely bugging them :). Kibbetech can, of course, build anything for anything, just need to sell our first born (some days I think about it more than others:))

Users who are viewing this thread