5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Some kind"of a Rebel?

edgarrian

Reaction score
I would have expected a supercharger for that price increase. Not a fan of the wheels and the lift. Im sure someone will love the truck

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Looks like a lifted low-rider. LOL
Not my cup of tea.

RookieDDZ

Reaction score
La-mar-ie?!?! Big price for a lift, wheels/tires, and exhaust.

DenCoRam

Reaction score
"We start with a $48k truck, add $25k in parts, and your price now is only $89k"

Is that $15k in labor, or a $15k markup for making the truck look that way? I also like how he talks about the "crazy off road specs" haha I would love to see someone try some real offroading on those rubber bands and show truck suspension.

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
"We start with a $48k truck, add $25k in parts, and you're price now is only $89k"

Is that $15k in labor, or a $15k markup for making the truck look that way? I also like how he talks about the "crazy off road specs" haha I would love to see someone try some real offroading on those rubber bands and show truck suspension.
He’s being honest. You’d be crazy to take that truck off-road.... That’s prob what he meant... :p

Kdixer

Reaction score
Could not make it past his "lamarie longhorn" comment.....

antwon412

Reaction score
Anybody who puts anything larger than an 18” wheel on a truck should be shunned.
Terrible.

And 26”s? Criminal.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey, God bless America. You do your truck your way. Be proud of it. Just understand that you could have done this to a 2WD Ram and saved 30K. Instead you took and offroad beast and turned it into a POS. IMHO.

Borsig

Reaction score
Anybody who puts anything larger than an 18” wheel on a truck should be shunned.
Terrible.

And 26”s? Criminal.
This. I don't understand the ram 4x4 trims with 20's. No Truck with factory AT's should come with 20's.

Boost Monkey

Reaction score
This. I don't understand the ram 4x4 trims with 20's. No Truck with factory AT's should come with 20's.

Simply because: It's the trend... That's it.

Note across all car and truck/suv platforms OEM wheels are getting larger and larger, just like HP/TQ numbers are getting higher and higher as these things become cheaper and cheaper to produce. It's purely for aesthetics, of course. OEM wheels are still mostly pressure cast vs forged. 22's as an OEM option on full size SUV's and trucks? This would have seemed clownish back in the chrome spinners days a few decades ago. The Rebel, TRX and Raptor (functional off-roaders) are very much in the minority now... Almost every lifted truck I see now has at least 20's on it.

I actually prefer the look of the smaller 17's and 18's.

Borsig

Reaction score
You can't air down which makes them useless off road.
+100
THIS guy gets it. I run 18 psi (ish) in the sand. Imaging 18 PSI in that thing.

I see guys on the beach who have 20's airing down and shake my head. There's not much air volume in those tires.

edgarrian

Reaction score
+100
THIS guy gets it. I run 18 psi (ish) in the sand. Imaging 18 PSI in that thing.

I see guys on the beach who have 20's airing down and shake my head. There's not much air volume in those tires.
How many of those guys have bent rims and dont realize it.

My dumb *** friend had this happen to him. He drove a chrysler cross fire. He calls me up and asks me to help him take his rim and tire off his car and get it fixed. When we took it off I saw how bent the inside of the rim was. I said nobody will be able to fix this for. You need to keep air in ur tires for this very reason. I ended up taking him to three different shops. All said it was unfixable. I ended up buying him a chrome rim so he could get his *** to work.

Here recently he told me he had to replace his windshield wipers. He spent 68 dollars on them. Total dumb*** Im not even sure if i have ever seen wipers for that much.

Users who are viewing this thread