5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Software update we've been waiting for?

pitboss000

Reaction score
Long story short, after filling some complaints - I received an email from FCA that states "According to our records your vehicle is up to date for the over-the-air updates. The next step is to schedule an appointment with your dealer to get the final update that will correct the problems you are having with your radio".

Like most of you I did receive 2 OTA updates in the last several months that appeared to do nothing. My initial thought about this email was they were blowing smoke up they ole one-way valve again just to shut me up. However, since I had to drop it off for service on other issues I showed the service manage the email. He checked and sure enough, there was a TSB for an update.

I picked the truck up yesterday and while I haven't had much time to check it out, things look different. There is now a "source select" button on the left side that when touched, a menu slides out to show all of your sources. Nice touch. It remains to be seen if the theme holds on the cluster though, or if text notification, phone/nav volume stays fixed. I appologize in advance to all the dealers out there for the rush this may create lol.

Screenshot 2021-09-28 054531.png
20210927_173045.jpg
20210927_172541.jpg

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Long story short, after filling some complaints - I received an email from FCA that states "According to our records your vehicle is up to date for the over-the-air updates. The next step is to schedule an appointment with your dealer to get the final update that will correct the problems you are having with your radio".

Like most of you I did receive 2 OTA updates in the last several months that appeared to do nothing. My initial thought about this email was they were blowing smoke up they ole one-way valve again just to shut me up. However, since I had to drop it off for service on other issues I showed the service manage the email. He checked and sure enough, there was a TSB for an update.

I picked the truck up yesterday and while I haven't had much time to check it out, things look different. There is now a "source select" button on the left side that when touched, a menu slides out to show all of your sources. Nice touch. It remains to be seen if the theme holds on the cluster though, or if text notification, phone/nav volume stays fixed. I appologize in advance to all the dealers out there for the rush this may create lol.

View attachment 106588
View attachment 106585
View attachment 106587
Is this update just for the 8.4 Nav units? I haven't had any OTA updates since the non-nav doesn't have the sat connection I assume but my screen looks totally different than that... maybe I just haven't changed to a theme different than factory?

pitboss000

Reaction score
Is this update just for the 8.4 Nav units? I haven't had any OTA updates since the non-nav doesn't have the sat connection I assume but my screen looks totally different than that... maybe I just haven't changed to a theme different than factory?
Must be. Also, I may be wrong - but I don't think the non-nav units have theme options.

Turin

Reaction score
I showed the service manage the email. He checked and sure enough, there was a TSB for an update.
[...]
It remains to be seen if the theme holds on the cluster though, or if text notification, phone/nav volume stays fixed.
pleasefixthemes pleasefixthemes pleasefixthemes...

I looked for the service bulletin listed in your screenshot (08-138-21) so I could read the description but I couldn't find it online. Still, it gives me a sliver of hope to know that one exists.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi there--

We're sorry to hear about that you've been experiencing some concerns with your Uconnect system and have had a difficult time getting it properly addressed. If you'd like our teams to take a look into your situation, please send our team a DM with details & your VIN.

Thanks in advance,

Courtney
Ram Cares

ramchaser

Reaction score
Here is the TSB that is referenced. Just did the update myself on mine and it seems to have fixed my issues.

Attachments

• 08-138-21.pdf
    244.8 KB · Views: 147

pitboss000

Reaction score
Here is the TSB that is referenced. Just did the update myself on mine and it seems to have fixed my issues.
Funny, I did not have any of the symptoms listed there. But it seems to have fixed the theme issue on the drivers display!! But sadly nothing else. Still won't save a lower volume on phone/text/nav sound.

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
Really wish it would just default to the last source (store last source) from when you turn it off. I always use bluetooth to my phone for music. I hate that you have to reselect every time you start the vehicle. I just looked at Crutchfield to replace the headunit and looks like we cannot at all because of the integrations with everything else. This is nearly enough for me to trade it back in or sell outright. I know that sounds extreme but given the level of irritation/unhappiness it brings, reminded everytime I start the truck, coupled with insane used prices right now...its making my decision not so extreme)

Users who are viewing this thread