5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Software Update Suggestions to RAM

Rich

Reaction score
This is one of those things that if you don't test in cold weather (sub 21F) you may not notice it!

Not to give them a free pass on this, but if they fix it with a future update, I'll be very happy. :)

Rick3019

Reaction score
Cd player does not read artist or song title not sure if it’s just my truck or others are having the same issue

kbUSMC2012

Reaction score
I’d like to browse my music library on my phone over Bluetooth on 8.4 non nav.

Draw007

Reaction score
As mentioned, It seems easy to fix and intuitive to allow to have heated seats/steering wheel icon on screen to be active or enabled rather than go through the controls screen. Or better yet, actual buttons. One of the few things about the GMC truck I liked was the heated steering wheel button was on the steering wheel and it also has a manual button/lever for the heated seats. Doesn't seem like a big deal I know but sometimes having that tactile feel can make a difference when driving.

I posted a similar thought and the next day discovered it’s doable on the 12” screen. Go to Uconnect apps and hold down the feature (heated drivers seat for example) and drag and drop it onto the ribbon at the bottom of the screen. There are limited number of features that can be placed there so you’ll have to decide what works best for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

myram2019

Reaction score
I posted a similar thought and the next day discovered it’s doable on the 12” screen. Go to Uconnect apps and hold down the feature (heated drivers seat for example) and drag and drop it onto the ribbon at the bottom of the screen. There are limited number of features that can be placed there so you’ll have to decide what works best for you.

I have added and moved the bottom ribbon icons and for some reason they after a while go back to default.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score

Thanks for the response but I was speaking about once you turn on the heated seats, etc. an icon appears at the very top of the 12 inch screen showing you that the seats are on. That’s the specific icon I am speaking of that I wish they would enable or make it a possible permanent location. You are right you can add it to the bottom but I am unwilling to lose the current icons at the bottom of the screen.:confused:

DM-SC

Reaction score
I'm surprised they still install CD players. Everything now is all digital.
I was surprised also.

I asked about it and was told that quite a few, um, older folks continue to request them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Laramie81

Reaction score
Ucconnect is available as an Alexa Skill.
Have been able to use it with a 19 Ram? I haven’t. It worked with my 14 Ram and my 15 Grand Cherokee, but not my new truck so far. Really disappointing. I was looking forward to starting my truck with Alexa while I’m still in the shower on cold mornings.

Neokane

Reaction score
Ha! Not on my Bighorn! When I remote start the truck when in Auto, it blows stone cold air at high speed. If it's below freezing out, it blows that cold air on the windshield (as it should in defrost mode), but before the engine temp starts to even get warm, it diverts the defrost windshield air to the heat mode (down to your feet), still blowing stone cold air!

I finally noticed what my rebel does.
When it is cold out (below 40) it blows full speed on defrost, once I open the door, it goes to floor and defrost at a lower speed.
But in uconnect, I have the heated seat and steering wheel turn on when remote started, so that is really nice.

Jackham

Reaction score
First. And I say this with all humility and caution. Read your manual and understand your truck. Preferably without BEER on board.

Two. Make sure your truck "really" has all the downloaded up dates.

Three schedule time to go over your truck with the best IT person at the facility.

Read, Read, Read real material. Understand your truck.

Jackham

Reaction score
Typically, when in AUTO mode, the climate controls monitor outside temp, inside temp and engine temp and the fan gradually increases in speed once certain conditions have been met so in the cold months air doesn't forcefully blow until the engine coolant is hot enough to provide hot air.
As I have said. Read.

Jackham

Reaction score
So you want the mirrors to fold on shut down? Still have to fold them when you pull into the garage . Start it in the garage and if they open on start up you will have to fold them to back out and re-open them after you back out. To me they are fine the way they are. Would be nice to do ut with the FOB......JB.
Can't you set a seat option for that setting?

Jtc411

Reaction score
All I want is a way to disable ANC via the uconnect

Firepower2010

Reaction score
All very good and logical I'm in. Add for someone to reprogram the HVAC system, my 2016 auto climate was awesome at keeping the interior perfect, this new one sucks it can't tell how hot or cold it is inside the truck vs the outside, I have to constantly change the temp up and down my old truck was a set it and forget it, this new one my finger sits on the temp buttons all day... Terrible for a 70k truck...

JPLomax

Reaction score
Have been able to use it with a 19 Ram? I haven’t. It worked with my 14 Ram and my 15 Grand Cherokee, but not my new truck so far. Really disappointing. I was looking forward to starting my truck with Alexa while I’m still in the shower on cold mornings.
Get the RAM skill not the UConnect skill. Works for me.

JPLomax

Reaction score
No auto-fold option, as discussed on several earlier threads. You’d have to install a Tazer to add this functionality.

I think that RAM decided against the auto fold because of the courtesy lights under the mirrors. They are pointless when mirrors are folded. Regardless, a have my Tazer set to fold them. The driver side doesn’t always work to fold them in and out. I must first turn the truck to ACC before starting to have any consistent success with the driver side working properly.

Users who are viewing this thread