5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Softkey and Menu Settings for Rear Camera Missing?

SouthernGypsy

Reaction score
On my new 2021 Longhorn with the full surround camera system the other day after using the DiagFCA program to change something UN-related to cameras the next hour my Camera system would show a blue screen and say "Camera System Unavailable", well that actually seemed to have fixed itself the following evening after almost 30 hours.

HOWEVER, The the following morning the REAR Cameras Soft-key was missing from my menus and when I looked in settings so was the options for the rear camera, like where you can checkbox to turn on/off dynamic grid-lines and the center-line. So I have given it all week but they have not returned.

The camera itself does still work but the only way I can get to it is to first activate either the Cargo Camera or the Surround View and then once in the view screen for those views there is an Icon up in the corner for the Rear Camera that I can touch and the Rear Camera will then come on. But it's annoying with the missing Soft-Key and that the options for the rear camera are missing from the Settings > Camera screen.

So far I have tried having a refresh signal sent to the radio, and I have used the Reset option in the radio itself, I think there are 3 or 4 options on what you can reset and I have tried all of them...

So, Anyone have any other ideas or suggestions?

If there was a setting to change somewhere I do have both DiagFCA and AlfaOBD, as I said ... IF I knew what to look for (though getting Alfa to connect is a major fight everytime) or is there another method that I haven't thought of?

SouthernGypsy

Reaction score
Interesting update ~ I was talking with a customer today and talking about my new truck and about the soft-key for the rear camera disappearing and he said he has had the same thing happen on his 2019 model with the 12" screen, and he didn't think about it at the time but he has also used AlfaOBD on his truck, but again did not change anything to do with the camera system. All he changed was the fog lights to stay on with high beam, increase the speed the cruise can be set to, a couple of very simple things like that. He said his rear camera soft-key has actually disappeared, re-appeared for awhile, then disappeared again several times and now this time has been gone for a good while. He can't figure out what is going on with it but also wants to know if we find a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread