5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So long Chrysler

drush

Reaction score
Well, it has been almost a year now. I remember how excited I was when I first bought this truck. Got into the forum, bought some accessories and then got busy and didn’t post. I thought I would make a final post and give my thoughts, for whatever it is worth - which is probably about as much as this truck.

I have personally owned 5 vehicles including this truck and have been a regular driver of over 10 vehicles, half of which have been new body style and/or generations. Excluding the truck, they’ve all been foreign and I have to say - what the actual f***

It is mind-boggling to me how you can make a vehicle that has such poor HVAC performance - almost to the point of it not being a worthwhile addition to the vehicle. The AC might as well be a heater and when I change the air temp to be a particular temp, it should produce that temp and not 5 degrees higher. This is so basic an engineering task that to have not done it properly is inexcusable and a sad commentary on the abilities of Chrysler’s engineers. Even more telling is when your service manager says he feels the same way and both the trucks he’s driven do the same thing but there is no solution. It’s comparable to putting the seats in upside down, or having a stereo that only plays sound out of half the speakers and turning the volume knob clockwise lowers the volume. How is that even possible? I’ve seen a monkey pull a nut from a tree, go find a rock that is hard enough and durable enough to be used as a hammer and repeatedly strike the nut until it breaks open. I’m betting if we put that monkey through an engineering program at a cut rate university, he would be capable of getting the HVAC right - even if we cut one of his arms off.

In all the vehicles I have owned and ridden in, I’ve never seen this. Even other domestic vehicles. I always said I would never buy a domestic vehicle because they are inferior and now I question why I didn’t stick to foreign.

One thing I can say for sure is that while I may try domestic again, it will never be a product even remotely associated with Chrysler. I will do my best to dissuade others from going with Chrysler and am happy to report that I’ve stopped 3 people from buying Chrysler since buying my truck. Can’t wait to get rid of it and I can only hope others do the same.

Bye Chrysler, may your laughable engineering deliver the same fate as other corporations that have ceased to exist because they don’t know their *** from a hole in the ground!

daneel

Reaction score
wait a minute, being in the HVACR field myself for 45 years we've already had monkeys with only one arm graduate from a cut rate university and they're still not capable of of getting it right....;)

R

Rob5589

Your issue is the ac, correct? Have you given the "ac hack" a go? Everyone that has done it swears by it.

drush

Reaction score
wait a minute, being in the HVACR field myself for 45 years we've already had monkeys with only one arm graduate from a cut rate university and they're still not capable of of getting it right....;)
LOL - you didn’t use the monkey I saw though

bigoldthor

Reaction score
giphy.gif

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
I love all or nothing thinking - it always works out in the end - good luck a lot of nice trucks out there. Sorry you had a bum ride

Every cough you make
Every hand shake
Every body ache
Every pill you take

I’ll be watching you

The Police new single

:)

GARebel19

Reaction score
I'd be pissed to if my truck was having a problem like that which could not be fixed. That being said am I the only one not noticing this a/c problem? I live in a pretty warm state and I purchased this truck last June. I drove it all summer and had no complaints about the a/c performance. If not every truck is having this problem then their must be a fixable solution.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a Wrangler JL. Then a Gladiator JT. Both had automatic climate control. Both were off...WAY off. I did testing with a digital thermometer in the passenger seat, and after a half hour of driving the difference between temp setting on the HVAC and actual temp at the passenger seat would be 15 to 20 degrees different. No exaggeration. It was horrendous.

Then I get this Ram 1500 and I'm amazed at how well it works! I can actually set the temp in this truck to the temp I have my house thermostat set to, and just like it my house I'm comfy in the truck! Works great!

Kooch80

Reaction score
The climate control is horrible on my 2019. It worked awesome in my 2014. I don't understand how you can eff up a system that you had working well already. Just don't change it

ldoh

Reaction score
Fear not, there are a new rash of 2020 owners soon to experience FCA's crappy Ram 1500 HVAC this summer.

2020BigHorn

Reaction score
I just bought my truck but I’ve had over 20 vehicles, 8 of them brand new, and different brands. There was always something with each one that wasn’t perfect from the factory, like my lexus auto leveling headlights that never worked right, or my Silverado that had frame rust from the factory. I’m amazed you’re giving up so quickly over such a menial thing. Good luck with whatever vehicle you chose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/