5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So long Chrysler

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I hear his disappointment but if I had rejected every vehicle that has had a design flaw, I think I'd still be driving my 2011 Prius. With over 100K miles it had zero issues other than basic maintenance. Even the 35 amp hour starting battery lasted 6 years and I replaced it "just because".
However...
I couldn't get my wife to ride in it for any distance (rode like a skateboard) and I can't get her out of the RAM.
Even with lesser ability a/c, (and I'd just do the hack), she loves that truck.
I wish the OP well and that he's happy with his next foreign make.
I won't drop a vehicle with the stated 1 engineering flaw. There's probably others but that seemed to be the OP's main gripe.

Fatherof3

Reaction score
It’s funny but I’ve had Ford , GM , Chrysler and a Honda and it was the Honda that spent more time in the shop than on the road . I believed all the hype that Honda was the best and you’ll never have a problem with a Honda , lol after that experience I swore off imports .

KcRay

Reaction score
I'd be pissed to if my truck was having a problem like that which could not be fixed. That being said am I the only one not noticing this a/c problem? I live in a pretty warm state and I purchased this truck last June. I drove it all summer and had no complaints about the a/c performance. If not every truck is having this problem then their must be a fixable solution.
For a lot of people, the AC is not a problem. That does not mean it's not a problem for others. The real test is vent temperatures, what temperature AC air is blowing out of your vents, And what vents?

LimitedDRP23

Reaction score
Hmmm it was 89 here yesterday and pretty warm..... My 2020 had no issue cooling the cab down. I live in a warm, very warm climate so it will be a pretty good test of the system.

To the OP, best of luck in what direction you go. I had issues with both my last 150's, not deal breakers, but not insignificant issues. My concern would be the fact that all the manufacturers have their quirks..... Toyota is dated/cheap interior, Ford Quality is subpar as well, GM's offering is pathetic, and Nissan's are uglier than sin. My .02.

Last edited:

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just bought my truck but I’ve had over 20 vehicles, 8 of them brand new, and different brands. There was always something with each one that wasn’t perfect from the factory, like my lexus auto leveling headlights that never worked right, or my Silverado that had frame rust from the factory. I’m amazed you’re giving up so quickly over such a menial thing. Good luck with whatever vehicle you chose.
Everyone has a different tolerance level and we all have our specific thing which really bugs us. I too have had vehicles that I had buyers remorse over for various deficiencies and nothing anyone could say would have changed my mind. Good luck with your next purchase.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Everyone has a different tolerance level and we all have our specific thing which really bugs us. I too have had vehicles that I had buyers remorse over for various deficiencies and nothing anyone could say would have changed my mind. Good luck with your next purchase.
In the “new digital age”, one of the steps in “buyers remorse”, posting on the internet.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For a lot of people, the AC is not a problem. That does not mean it's not a problem for others. The real test is vent temperatures, what temperature AC air is blowing out of your vents, And what vents?
Yep. My AC is very much lacking and it’s about time here in Central Texas to employ the ole AC hack which works pretty good. Otherwise, I love my Ram.

ny2az

Reaction score
Weather will be warming up here soon in Arizona, triple digits by summertime and hope the A/C does not disappoint ... Purchased my truck in January and love everything about my Limited ...fingers crossed!!!

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that man, it sucks you had to go through that. There is always a lemon in the bunch and it looks like you got one along with less than ideal customer service from FCA.

My experiences have been the opposite of that, I've owned about 10 new vehicles, almost all of them foreign and so far my RAM Rebel has been my most enjoyable and reliable vehicle I've owned. The other brands I've owned have been Porsche, BMW, VW, Honda and Ford.

Now I haven't had to test the dealership network for any issues, but the Yelp reviews for my local RAM dealers do not give much a lot of confidence. However, I have been lucky with a pretty flawless truck.

I hope that your next purchase goes a lot more smoother.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that man, it sucks you had to go through that. There is always a lemon in the bunch and it looks like you got one along with less than ideal customer service from FCA.

My experiences have been the opposite of that, I've owned about 10 new vehicles, almost all of them foreign and so far my RAM Rebel has been my most enjoyable and reliable vehicle I've owned. The other brands I've owned have been Porsche, BMW, VW, Honda and Ford.

Now I haven't had to test the dealership network for any issues, but the Yelp reviews for my local RAM dealers do not give much a lot of confidence. However, I have been lucky with a pretty flawless truck.

I hope that your next purchase goes a lot more smoother.
I've never had much luck with Yelp reviews period. Who knows how many competitors or just trolls are on those sites.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I've never had much luck with Yelp reviews period. Who knows how many competitors or just trolls are on those sites.

Most of the negative stuff I read looks legit. People with long histories of reviews who post happy reviews picking up their cars and negative reviews servicing them. Though I hope you are right, but I've stopped by a couple and I have seen stacked service lines I haven't seen before at other dealerships.

I've watched people who own RAMS & Wranglers on Youtube who love their trucks and also mention how little the service seems to care after the sale. What I think is happening is that FCA's dealer network wasn't prepared for the sales spikes in Jeeps and RAMs and their service centers are swamped.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had them do the update last end of summer and it works better now. I do wish that they could figure out the fan speed. Why would the fan blow harder on Auto than it does on 7 even if not in recirculate mode. There is a software issue that still needs fixed but I will say it meets my needs now. If it gets over 110 Degrees and I have a day of uncomfortable conditions I may bust out the A/C hack and implement.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Main reason I don’t trust the Yelp like reviews is no checking on their part that I am aware of. I could go online and say that I had a dinner there at X last week and the entree was cold and the veggies soggy. I could lie through my teeth and how will they check unless I am so specific that they can backtrack me? Same with hotels... “the room was dirty at the Holiday In Express last week.”
So who the hell knows?

Now if I have a verified Amazon purchase it shows up. If I provide photos and specific details on some review then its believable, at least more so.
i agree that “where there’s smoke there’s fire” usually, and 100 negative reviews recently will make me question and check more. Maybe they changed chefs?

On to the point. “Ram sucks” means nothing, even “my truck gets sheet gas mileage...” without a fuelly or a pic of the average miles per gallon.is worthless.

When SD Rebel grants the OP that he may have just gotten a bad one, thats legit. Same with saying that he enjoys his RAM more than the last 10 vehicles. No axe to grind. Appreciate that. I’d be pissed if the dealer refused to help me out but I’ve not had that experience on any of the 5-6 new vehicles I’ve owned. Toyota, Ford, RAM, Chevrolet/Isuzu. Guess I’ve just been sorta lucky.

I too hope he either gets his issues resolved to his satisfaction, is successful lemon lawing it or gets some other good result.

Users who are viewing this thread