5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So far disappointed with 5.7 etorque mileage, but how much does it really cost???

Trouble1233

Reaction score
You must have very few miles, or be basing your statement on the lie-o-meter, or both. Or do you have the V6 with eTorque?

I have the Hemi w/eTorque, 4WD, and 3.92 gearing.

I have been tracking my mileage with Fuelly since I got the truck. So, about 7000 miles now, all hand calculated.

My mileage over the whole time is 14.5 MPG. Over the last 10 fill-ups, the average is 15.3.

Sometimes, the lie-o-meter is right on with the hand calculated. But, just for example, my last fill-up was 31.3 gallons. The lie-o-meter said I had gotten 17.2 MPG on that tank. The hand calculation came out to 15.1. Seeing as how the hand calculation is a much closer match to the lifetime stats, I'm inclined to believe it. The lie-o-meter is just random. I record every fill-up in Fuelly and I add a note to every fill-up with what the Lie-o-meter said for that tank (just before I reset it and the Tripmeter B - I reset Tripmeter A every time I get an oil change).

I HAVE gotten as high as 21 MPG (according to the L-o-M), over a stretch of 50 miles or so, where I was driving on cruise control going 60 - 65. But, by the time I actually filled up again, the average had dropped from 21 back down to a more normal number for me. I have never gotten higher than 16.7 on any hand calculated fill-up of more than 10 gallons.

I have the air ride suspension and mine lowers down as I get up in the speeds..also I’m 2wd 392 gears..I have never hand calculated it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the air ride suspension and mine lowers down as I get up in the speeds..also I’m 2wd 392 gears..I have never hand calculated it

I also have the air suspension and 3.92 gearing. My truck is 4WD, but on the highway it's always in 2WD mode.

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Only on my 3rd tank. Looks to be averaging around 13 - 90% city driving.

I look at it similar to when I had my 2002 Suburban 2500. "Bet you get horrible gas mileage with that" - "Bet I didn't buy if for the gas mileage".

Coming from a 2016 Honda Pilot Touring 4x2 that got about 17. Then again - I went from a V6 to a V8 and gained 3K lbs in curb weight.

Would I LIKE TO SEE better numbers? Sure. I am going to dump the truck because I don't? Not on your life. Am I considering taking a huge hit and trading my '19 for a Diesel '20? I'll let you know when I drive one.

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread