5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snorkel

Aleksander.Zat

Reaction score
Hi. First of all, I apologize for any mistakes, but I'm writing with the help of a translator😅

I need a snorkel for my expedition car. I know that in Australia one company does it, but the cost + import is huge. Has anyone tried to fit the snorkel from the 2500 version? are the fenders and the pillar line on the outside the same as in the 1500? If so, only the things inside would require modifications, and that can be done. I will attach a link to snorkel 2500.

Thank you in advance for your help👍

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Technically, the 2500 is still 4th gen sheet metal. They may be close enough to work.

You may be able to adapt it to your truck, or any other part # if things under the hood don't scare you. Would you consider any universal fit snorkels then? Wish I had more help.

MagnumPSI

Reaction score
As the guy with the aforementioned Aussie snorkel, it would be pretty cool if you could get the 2500 snorkel to work as it should. I think it’s definitely worth a try since the cost of that snorkel is just barely more than what I paid for freight shipping, it’ll probably just take some troubleshooting but I’m sure there’s someone who could make it work.

The biggest issue I see with it is the air box for the 1500s being different than the 2500s but that could potentially be retrofitted, you’d just need to do some research on the differences between the 1500 and 2500 air box.

You mentioned you were using a translator to help write this, may I ask where you’re from? I’m curious about what you’re going to be using this expedition vehicle for.

Aleksander.Zat

Reaction score
I'm from Poland. we have plans for trips to the Balkans and Africa.

Decides to buy this set, if the bodywork is the same, there should be no problems.

Users who are viewing this thread