5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sloooowwww take off

ssick92

Reaction score
That video is another crock of **** and makes me trust them even less. They don’t start the truck in the same spot lmfao. View attachment 65487

That was kind of my point. I don't think it necessarily equates to any real world improvement in acceleration or 0-60 times, but if it is actually able to open the throttle body faster than stock as it shows in the video, then it is doing what it is claimed to do and leads to the "massive improvement" everyone feels, rather than the truck actually moving any faster.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I improved my throttle response by removing the stock air filter box and installing the Ram Airflow.

It not only improved throttle response but it improved the performance of the truck.

The power increases as your speed increases like a power-band.

Forced Air Induction.. not just a CAI.

RAM_AIRFLOW_PATRIOT.png

TBMSport

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2020 limited etorque 4wd 3.92 gears. I punch it from a stop and it hesitates for a second then takes off. If i turn traction control off, it makes no difference. I read somewhere about the skid control? I dont have switch for that.

How do i get this pig off its lazy ***? A 2.7l ecoboost embarassed me this morning.

I dropped my new (picked up 11 days ago) identically spec'd RAM off yesterday for the same concern (along with harsh 1-2, 2-1 shifts and lunging/shuddering eTorque stop/start). I have a feeling there is either a failed eTorque module programming or unit because it feels as if the ECM is waiting for the eTorque to deliver its power and it's not. I also noticed upon delivery that my eTorque aluminum case had SERIOUS amounts of oxidation. Granted the truck was on the lot for 9 months, but it only had 33 miles on it.

ny2az

Reaction score
I dropped my new (picked up 11 days ago) identically spec'd RAM off yesterday for the same concern (along with harsh 1-2, 2-1 shifts and lunging/shuddering eTorque stop/start). I have a feeling there is either a failed eTorque module programming or unit because it feels as if the ECM is waiting for the eTorque to deliver its power and it's not. I also noticed upon delivery that my eTorque aluminum case had SERIOUS amounts of oxidation. Granted the truck was on the lot for 9 months, but it only had 33 miles on it.

following...pls keep us posted....

Users who are viewing this thread