5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sloooowwww take off

Sv250

Reaction score
2020 limited etorque 4wd 3.92 gears. I punch it from a stop and it hesitates for a second then takes off. If i turn traction control off, it makes no difference. I read somewhere about the skid control? I dont have switch for that.

How do i get this pig off its lazy ***? A 2.7l ecoboost embarassed me this morning.

Sv250

Reaction score
Oh and when it takes off its controlled. Not all out. Tires do not spin. Lazy take off.

Sv250

Reaction score
Just ordered the pedal commander. Hopefully that fixes it. Just feels like the computer is not letting it get full throttle on take off. Its fine after 20mph.

That ecoboost is our comoany rental. It is night and day different with traction control off.

Looking for a rematch. I was running him down but ran out of room. Couldnt make up the 3 truck lengths he got right from jump.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2020 limited etorque 4wd 3.92 gears. I punch it from a stop and it hesitates for a second then takes off. If i turn traction control off, it makes no difference. I read somewhere about the skid control? I dont have switch for that.

How do i get this pig off its lazy ***? A 2.7l ecoboost embarassed me this morning.
Something is off. I can spin mine accidentally if I’m too jumpy...no PC required. And Tow/Haul mode is lots of fun :)

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Just ordered the pedal commander. Hopefully that fixes it. Just feels like the computer is not letting it get full throttle on take off. Its fine after 20mph.

That ecoboost is our comoany rental. It is night and day different with traction control off.

Looking for a rematch. I was running him down but ran out of room. Couldnt make up the 3 truck lengths he got right from jump.
The PC will make a tremendous amount of difference with throttle response. Post back once you give it a go

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What does the tow/haul do?
A lot, actually, but the change in shift points wakes things up under acceleration. It also disables stop/start, Eco mode, and Aero mode. I’m not sure if anything is remapped with respect to throttle response. I’m rarely towing, so I only use Tow/Haul when “playing”.

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Yeah you could do that. Spend 5k and void every warranty possible. Just to show up that eco boost lol

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pedal Commander isn't going to do anything to fix the initial delay between pedal movement and engine response. I also tried a Vitesse and it was the same story. For whatever reason these trucks have a delay. Don't understand why, but a throttle voltage modifier (that's all these overpriced controllers are) is not going to fix that. Probably need a tune.

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Pedal Commander isn't going to do anything to fix the initial delay between pedal movement and engine response. I also tried a Vitesse and it was the same story. For whatever reason these trucks have a delay. Don't understand why, but a throttle voltage modifier (that's all these overpriced controllers are) is not going to fix that. Probably need a tune.
I'm sorry but I strongly disagree with this statement. If my PC is on anything above sport+ you can nearly spin the tires instantly when you press the pedal.

Sv250

Reaction score
Well pedal commander installed. Just makes the throttle touchy. The bog is gone now on sport 4.

Still slow. It will spin tires if i stall it a bit with tc off. It does what it says. More responsive.

Im not sure why it was acting like tc was on before. Seems pc fixed that.

Still think the eco boost will kick my ****.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well pedal commander installed. Just makes the throttle touchy. The bog is gone now on sport 4.

Still slow. It will spin tires if i stall it a bit with tc off. It does what it says. More responsive.

Thanks for the before/after report!

lawlavigne

Reaction score

The PC isn't going to gain you any extra power. It simply let's you get what the ram has to offer quicker without the delay. The eco boost will beat any stock hemi we have in our trucks without any actual mods to gain more power

lawlavigne

Reaction score
If you're wanting more out of the truck consider add on's like exhaust system, CAI, larger throttle body, long tube headers, and an unlocked pcm with a tune. That's a good start.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I strongly disagree with this statement. If my PC is on anything above sport+ you can nearly spin the tires instantly when you press the pedal.
That has nothing to do with DELAY. The only thing a throttle controller can change is sensitivity. Yeah you set it to sport, and now your 10% throttle input jumps to 100% instead. Big whoop. Just floor the pedal yourself next time. It will NOT change the fact it takes about a quarter of a second for the engine to actually start pushing the damn truck, which shouldn't be happening. This is the slowest responding vehicle I've ever driven.

Users who are viewing this thread