5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slightly louder exhaust

Damion

Reaction score
I put a Flowmaster FX on tonight, exactly what I was looking for, nice deep rumble that isn't loud inside at all. While cruising either in town or the country, you don't even know its there.

Like others have said before its how these trucks should sound from the showroom floor.

Firebird

Reaction score
Just finished installing the Magnaflow 18" from Mufflex, and the sound is just about perfect. Very pleased with the tone, nice growl under acceleration, without much intrusion at all in the cab while cruising.

mrchoung

Reaction score
Instead of buying the B2 fabrication and similar mufflers go to your local muffler shop. I did and saved over $100, got the same Magnaflow that B2 Fabrication uses and had it installed by a professional who welded it in. Whole lot better deal any way you look at it

I just got the Magnaflow 14" muffler done by my local shop. I paid around $205 for the muffler and labor. It's got a nice deeper growl but more on the purr side. Also, I welded the weep holes shut like a few of the members here so I don't know what the weeping sounds like, but since people already dealt with it, I just heeded the advice.

FYI weep holes drain out the moisture/water buildup, so yes it probably will rust inside down the line, but my mechanic said it'll be a long *** time before it rusts enough especially being here in socal.

MikeS54

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been mentioned before , but how do you turn off the MDS?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been mentioned before , but how do you turn off the MDS?

On your steering wheel, lower right, there is the gear limit selector. Press on the minus to turn it on. On your instrument cluster, you will see the current gear limit on the right side of the P/D/R status. Then press the + button up to select a higher gear. Most will typically select gear 8, which will give you access to all the gears but turns off MDS.

Just note, anytime you turn off the truck or switch the gear selector to neutral, park or reverse, it turns off the gear limit selector and you have to turn it back on.

Also, a good idea to turn on your Eco light, which lets you know when MDS is operating. The option to turn it on is in the Uconnect options screen.

Users who are viewing this thread