5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slight vibration

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So they came back and did not even go for the tires first. In fact they said the drive shaft is the problem. They are ordering another one and going from there. The tech said he can feel it starting at 20mph I took a video today of it is 60-80mph I never really noticed it at lower speeds. We will se how this goes
Can you describe your vibration a little more, when’s it the worst, tire wear, etc...thanks!

Dohc

Reaction score
Can you describe your vibration a little more, when’s it the worst, tire wear, etc...thanks!
Well I can’t say much to wear because the truck had 500 miles on it. The vibration was at 60-80 and only got worse over 80. When placing my phone on the cup holder and recording it would start to distort the image badly at 80. Only a fine vibration was seen before 80. I can only describe it as a high frequency vibration. Not in the steering wheel but the whole truck. The truck is a 2020 1500 lareime 6.4 bed crew cab.

Dohc

Reaction score
Also if you did not see my other post the driveshaft seems to have fixed my problem 100%
The tech said he could see the wear on the shaft and saw that it was binding up. It needed the trans reflashed after the fix as well. He said the vibration went away but the during shifting/lock up it was rough. He said it probably because the trans was trying to fight that bind up to make smother sifts. I will say this the truck feels so much more stable and free. It glides to 80 now like its floating on air.

Parsx3

Reaction score
Well, I am having the same vibration problem in my 2019 Ram Tradesman, that started around the 200 mile point. I am now at 4100 miles, and all the trips back to the dealer thus far, have resulted in no change in the vibration. I will be taking it back in to the dealer tomorrow for the 4th time, for the same annoying vibration.

It starts occurring at about 58 MPH. Road Force balance and a tire replacement did not correct the problem. I am becoming thoroughly disgusted with this whole ordeal. The last "Dodge" Ram 1500 that I had for 15 years, was never a problem, and actually ran and rode like it was new, on the day I sold it. I never even considered, or looked at another truck brand, for that reason. I am (maybe WAS) a loyal Mopar customer. I have been dealing with this since last October, and quite honestly it's getting OLD !

If the dealer can't fix the issues time, I will be forced to consider my options. I have neither the time or the inclination to keep pursuing this sad situation. I don't know whose problem this is, but I know whose problem IT IS NOT !

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I am having the same vibration problem in my 2019 Ram Tradesman, that started around the 200 mile point. I am now at 4100 miles, and all the trips back to the dealer thus far, have resulted in no change in the vibration. I will be taking it back in to the dealer tomorrow for the 4th time, for the same annoying vibration.

It starts occurring at about 58 MPH. Road Force balance and a tire replacement did not correct the problem. I am becoming thoroughly disgusted with this whole ordeal. The last "Dodge" Ram 1500 that I had for 15 years, was never a problem, and actually ran and rode like it was new, on the day I sold it. I never even considered, or looked at another truck brand, for that reason. I am (maybe WAS) a loyal Mopar customer. I have been dealing with this since last October, and quite honestly it's getting OLD !

If the dealer can't fix the issues time, I will be forced to consider my options. I have neither the time or the inclination to keep pursuing this sad situation. I don't know whose problem this is, but I know whose problem IT IS NOT !
Same here, they did replace my rack and pinion which seemed to help, but the vibration has never completely left and tires are still wearing!

Rollint

Reaction score

Lemon law time ?

Brain h

Reaction score
Not sure how that works when dealer won’t admit there is a issue? Take it to a independent tire / auto shop?
Have to check your states individual lemon laws.
Most state that after 3 attempts to resolve an issue to no solution or if the vehicle is out of service for 30 days or more consecutively youre eligible for the law to process.
Be aware of the definition of "out of service" for your individual state laws.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have to check your states individual lemon laws.
Most state that after 3 attempts to resolve an issue to no solution or if the vehicle is out of service for 30 days or more consecutively youre eligible for the law to process.
Be aware of the definition of "out of service" for your individual state laws.
Guess I tell them keep it till it’s fixed? But they say nothing is wrong

Trouble1233

Reaction score
Ok so I just picked my 2020 back up at the dealer and the vibration is gone. The truck is a thousand times smother and the mpg is not so fast to react and drop to below 10. They replaced the driveshaft and also re flashed the trans. Due to it having a slight drone after the driveshaft was put in on lock up. This is believed to be because the computer got used to the bind in the driveshaft and when it was gone the trans was trying to still compensate. Hope this may help someone out.
So after it being this long now is yours still good or did it return..just curious

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok so I just picked my 2020 back up at the dealer and the vibration is gone. The truck is a thousand times smother and the mpg is not so fast to react and drop to below 10. They replaced the driveshaft and also re flashed the trans. Due to it having a slight drone after the driveshaft was put in on lock up. This is believed to be because the computer got used to the bind in the driveshaft and when it was gone the trans was trying to still compensate. Hope this may help someone out.
did your issue cause tire wear?

Crockpot31

Reaction score
so I’m in a similar boat as everybody on here. The only exception is that the vibration on my truck (2019 Ram 1500 4x4 quad-purchased December 2018) only happens when the truck has weight in the back seat and at least some weight in the bed. 22k miles, been into the dealer multiple times with no duplication. Although it happens almost every time I load it for my business. I’m on the verge of trading the truck which sucks because I really love it outside of this issue.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
so I’m in a similar boat as everybody on here. The only exception is that the vibration on my truck (2019 Ram 1500 4x4 quad-purchased December 2018) only happens when the truck has weight in the back seat and at least some weight in the bed. 22k miles, been into the dealer multiple times with no duplication. Although it happens almost every time I load it for my business. I’m on the verge of trading the truck which sucks because I really love it outside of this issue.
That makes me think you have a malfunction in the noise cancellation system

Crockpot31

Reaction score
That makes me think you have a malfunction in the noise cancellation system
Would that cause the same vibration and humming sounds (almost a revving roar)? I don’t experience it really at all when not loaded. It does however happen at all speeds when loaded.
oh and boys I can tell you it’s not the tires, I have had this problem with multiple different tires on this truck.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Would that cause the same vibration and humming sounds (almost a revving roar)? I don’t experience it really at all when not loaded. It does however happen at all speeds when loaded.
oh and boys I can tell you it’s not the tires, I have had this problem with multiple different tires on this truck.
Yes, noise cancellation sounds like your problem. Next time it happens roll the window down a little and it should stop. There is a TSB to correct the malfunction, as well as aftermarket bypass cables and diy fixes

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
So, I've got shakes. I can feel it at around 27-29 mph and 53-56 mph. Where do I start? Literally just got the truck on Saturday.

Rebel 4x4.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, I've got shakes. I can feel it at around 27-29 mph and 53-56 mph. Where do I start? Literally just got the truck on Saturday.

Rebel 4x4. Good luck I’ve been fighting mine for 9 months now. Take it back, ask for your money back and run far away from ram trucks!

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
No cool-off in California. I guess I'm going to have to fight.

I found this on another forum. Can anyone corroborate what this guy said?

"After all this (Road Force balance, new one piece driveshaft), I begin to discern that the remaining vibrations may be leaf spring related, since the spring count had not increased from my previous DRW. It could be that the springs are not reacting properly... I noticed that when empty (or loaded with camper) going over asphalt to concrete transitions or cross road pavement cracks, that beyond the initial shock wave, there was a secondary and a tertiary shock wave within a few milliseconds which amplified the shock remained very unnerving... This was not in any way present on my previous truck! So I called a spring shop and was told that this was called reverberation and was due to the springs not being progressive, that the springs were calabrated the same whether I was carrying a pillowcase or a ton of weight...

So I had them recalibrate the springs (my expense) to make them more progressive (de-arched the 3 in the main pack and the lower short thick overload) and restore capacity by adding one additional leaf within the main pack... This was their plan to make the springs more progressive...

This final item has pretty much resolved just about any vibrations, and now when going over a transition the initial shock wave is ALL that is felt - rapid reverberations now gone! Sympathetic telegraphing into the cab via the driveshaft (and even worse with the OEM shaft) no more - Now the truck is a keeper and drives very much like my previous truck, again a joy to drive."

I'd love to hear from anyone here on this.

Users who are viewing this thread