5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slight acceleration delay

Duran

Reaction score
2020 ram 1500 4x4. I was making a right turn coming out of the turn i gave her all juice. There was a momentarily delay before i got the response from the accelerator being pressed down rather quickly . Is this normal. The delay was for a second and i did it further down the road and xhecked my responce time seemed normal.
Bit what was this xause of the short delay. Was it cause i was turning will juicing it

Duran

Reaction score
So the delqy is q common thing and not q problem ?

Ive been considering a pedal commander. Does it have eco mode when im just cruising the hwy

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The pedal delay usually only happens on mine after starting up cold but then goes away until the next cold start.

I don't have one, but IIRC there are over 30 different modes on the Commander so I'd assume yes. I'm sure those more knowledgeable than I will answer definitively, though.

CanRebel

Reaction score
Noticed it sometimes on my Rebel. I figured it was me.
Looked at Pedal thing, after reviewing other posts. $400+ for little delay once in while.
Not worth it to me.

Duran

Reaction score
I agree. Glad to hear im not the only one woth this delay. I will be sure to clean my k&n air filter today.

Blackshirts

Reaction score
Its actually worth it in my book. My truck now has the response I want. Sport Mode +2 did burnouts in my driveway backing out. knocked it down to city then worked my way up to Sport -2. Now there's zero delay and it has the acceleration I want out of the 5.7 Hemi.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yes it's normal..but I couldn't put up with it and put a Pedal Commander in... I love the response now. There is an "eco" mode but I never use it.

breeno

Reaction score
Pedal Commander all the way - amung the first mods I did on my Rebel.
Makes the truck so much more fun to drive - worth the 300$ to me

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Pedal Commander is only one brand, and one of the most expensive. There are lots of other brands out there for a lot less money that do the exact same thing. Google "pedal controller" if you're curious.

CanRebel

Reaction score
I'm currently testing out Pedal Commander. Co-worker at work had one, but his truck is damaged. He's waiting for new one.

I think it a lot has to do with person driving, also what you drove before(if you had different truck/car before ram)
e.g. I was driving F150 and Chevy before Ram.

I also push the gas after stop, or when I'm passing people. The PD is interesting. It can spin tires... I could do that without it though.
And it does rev the RPM's up.

I currently have it on City -2, that is because how I drive. It's ok. but in my view still not worth $400 cad.
I might buy it anyway just cause I can.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Throttle by wire, your gas pedal does not directly control your fuel injection.
Even before throttle by wire, your gas pedal was never directly controlling the fuel injectors, lol.
no-thats-not-how-this-works.gif

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yea, welcome to electronic computer controlled engines. Hitting the Gas pedal is just a signal. It's not opening an orifice and dumping in gas like an old carburetor. Just do it more and pay attention to anticipate the lag.

JDColorado

Reaction score
My 2021 Laramie with the 5.7L E-Torque has the same issue, especially before it is warmed up. I've talked to a dealer, and searched the internet, and this old thread was hard to find. Your experience and suggestions are appreciated!

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score
I believe that’s traction control kicking in. I take mine off whenever I drive and it doesn’t happen around corners

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I dont have a pedal controller. When I go to pass someone up, I just time it where I hit the gas a little earlier and anticipate the delay. If one of those 9 drive controllers worked, I may get one for $50. Not paying $300+

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My throttle delay seems to have gotten much better as I passed 10,000 miles. So much better I might remove my Pedal Commander. Been driving around with it on one of the lower City settings which I believe is about like stock. Maybe the throttle finally learned my driving style.

Users who are viewing this thread