5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sliding cup holder removal

2020Big4x4Horn

Reaction score
Is there an easy way to remove the sliding cup holder from the center console?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

osomajor

Reaction score
I’ve got a quarter that slid its way in there; rolling coin sounds on every turn now.

Advice to open it up appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The top half of the plastic can be split using plastic panel tools. The cup holder assembly is best split at the front, then worked around to the sides. If you're looking to completely remove the center slider, after the top is separated, the bottom has 4 screws that attach to 4 pieces of metal that fit into the grooves of the console to allow it to slide. Just be careful and start splitting the console at the front and carefully lift off.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
No there is no easy way.

If you get the rubber out, you will not be able to reseat it without taking apart the entire center console

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No there is no easy way.

If you get the rubber out, you will not be able to reseat it without taking apart the entire center console
What? The easy way is as I mentioned. You just need to split the slider. There are six compression clips that hold it together. Separate the cupholder top half at the seam and pull it apart. Done. Fairly easy.

Users who are viewing this thread