5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skipping from rear end when letting of break from a stop?

GeoJoe

Reaction score
I have noticed a slipping or thudding sensation from the rear end of my 2019 ram hemi when I let off the break from a stop? The issue is intermittent but it seems like something might be loose in the drive shaft or rear end and or transmission? Has anyone else experienced this, if so is it something to be concerned about?

Thanks

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's probably the transmission, mine does a skip or a slip here and there, not as much as it used to. The transmission can learn your driving habits so maybe it's adjusting. I think there are software updates available to correct the issue

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I have this exact issue. I have taken it in and they have recreated it. They said it is the driveshaft and they have replaced others for this issue. I just need to take it back when I have time.

RamCares

Reaction score
I have noticed a slipping or thudding sensation from the rear end of my 2019 ram hemi when I let off the break from a stop? The issue is intermittent but it seems like something might be loose in the drive shaft or rear end and or transmission? Has anyone else experienced this, if so is it something to be concerned about?

Thanks

Hi @GeoJoe - If you plan to address this with your dealer, I would be more than willing to get a case escalated on your behalf for further support through that process. Our team is always a private message away.

Mark
RamCares

bobzilla

Reaction score
It’s the driveshaft. The slip yoke needs to be greased on the inside. The inside nickel plating was done incorrectly or not enough. Ford has the same problem.

BowDown

Reaction score
It’s the driveshaft. The slip yoke needs to be greased on the inside. The inside nickel plating was done incorrectly or not enough. Ford has the same problem.

How would that come into play from a stand start? The slip yoke doesn't even engage unless the rear axle goes over a bump or in a depression causing the slip yoke to extend or retract.

bobzilla

Reaction score
How would that come into play from a stand start? The slip yoke doesn't even engage unless the rear axle goes over a bump or in a depression causing the slip yoke to extend or retract.

I’m not sure. You tube “Ram slip yoke” and you will see GM, Ford and Ram all the same issues. Ford had a recall only on the Raptors for the issue but said FU to everyone else. They have a grease kit you can buy to address the issue. You basically just pack it full of grease on the splines. Everyone that has done this said it work great and maybe once in a blue moon they feel the bump.

Users who are viewing this thread