5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SiriusXM

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FYI, I downloaded the SiriusApp for my phone. It gives me more music choices than the App in my truck. I listen to mostly country music, and the Sirius App on my phone gives me many more (better) choices to listen to. So now I find myself BluToothing Sirius to my truck.

Toothninja

Reaction score
Good to know, as I usually listen to country as well, and the four channels are not quite enough for me. I will say though it’s nice to be able to start almost every song at the beginning, not halfway through!

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
SXM has a couple hundred more stations online...I generally like them better, but they still have s limited rotation...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
FYI, I downloaded the SiriusApp for my phone. It gives me more music choices than the App in my truck. I listen to mostly country music, and the Sirius App on my phone gives me many more (better) choices to listen to. So now I find myself BluToothing Sirius to my truck.

Totally agree with this. I bought a lifetime subscription to Xm Sirius many years ago because I switched cars more frequently and found transferring subscriptions annoying and expensive. While it has worked well in other vehicles by using a cord or Bluetooth, I would still have to navigate the app thru my phone. Now that we have CarPlay....totally different ballgame. I have zero use for the built in apps or navigation in the vehicle. I much prefer using the phones navigation and music apps Spotify/xm. You can control on the screen etc. alA million times better IMO.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been tossing around the idea of just using my phone/sxm app once my subscription runs out. I will say that I do like the layout of the categories on the 12" interface better. Especially when it comes to finding all live sports on one page, i.e.

SacRebel

Reaction score
Any noticeable difference in the sound quality streaming from your phone verses the on-board Sirius? My initial subscription ended a couple weeks ago and I'm undecided if I want to renew.

KRField

Reaction score
Any noticeable difference in the sound quality streaming from your phone verses the on-board Sirius? My initial subscription ended a couple weeks ago and I'm undecided if I want to renew.

I have amazon music. Major sound quality difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not as heavy on the base streaming it through the phone vs just using the truck. I renewed it because my wife uses it on the road a lot. We bought 2 new cars same day, mine has 22k hers has 40k miles. Turns out, I use the app a lot while I'm working out everyday.

DennisY

Reaction score

The reason for this is that SXM's satellite spectrum is finite. They can only compress the digital stream so much to fit within those licensed frequencies without causing massive complaints in loss of audio quality (not that no one is complaining now...compare SXM to FM radio on a good sound system and you'll hear a definite difference with FM being superior). Their streaming service is essentially unlimited in how many channels they can offer. That's kind of a nice benefit if one is subscribed to that. I can't speak to sound quality of the streaming because I haven't compared it to anything, but the extra channels are nice to haves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/