5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"SiriusXM currently unavailable"

varnerme

Reaction score
2020 Rebel 12 - Some over-the-air update ran yesterday, today SiriusXM says unavailable? Anyone else experience this? First issue I've had with this. Just over 5,000 miles.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2020 Rebel 12 - Some over-the-air update ran yesterday, today SiriusXM says unavailable? Anyone else experience this? First issue I've had with this. Just over 5,000 miles.

Yeah I had the same issue today. Called SiriusXM and they said my radio ID didn’t match what they had on my account. She reassigned my radio ID and then sent a refresh signal and I’m back to normal. She couldn’t explain how/why my radio ID all of the sudden didn’t match after over a year and a half of service. Either way it was about a 10 minute call.

varnerme

Reaction score
Yeah I had the same issue today. Called SiriusXM and they said my radio ID didn’t match what they had on my account. She reassigned my radio ID and then sent a refresh signal and I’m back to normal. She couldn’t explain how/why my radio ID all of the sudden didn’t match after over a year and a half of service. Either way it was about a 10 minute call.
How did you determine your radio ID? I can't do anything with SiriusXM on it now. It is greyed out and nothing related to it in the settings either. Maybe by VIN number?

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How did you determine your radio ID? I can't do anything with SiriusXM on it now. It is greyed out and nothing related to it in the settings either. Maybe by VIN number?

In the Uconnect settings go to SiriusXM then scroll down to System Settings, then click Manage System and it will show the radio ID.

varnerme

Reaction score
In the Uconnect settings go to SiriusXM then scroll down to System Settings, then click Manage System and it will show the radio ID.
The SiriusXM settings aren't even there. I was just trying to find it. It's gone...weird.

varnerme

Reaction score
Just an update - went to dealer this morning and they are just as confused. It is as if SiriusXM never existed in my truck. It's just gone. Likely ordering a new radio on Monday morning.

Jrsem0317

Reaction score
I did the OTA update and now my radio occasionally is locked up. HVAC, Nav, etc all work as normal but I have no sound from any source, can't adjust volume, change channels, and the travel link doesn't load. Took it to Ram yesterday, and got it back with the rear camera inoperable, then got it back with the radio not working again. Now it works about every 3rd ignition cycle.

SteinerBBQ

Reaction score
Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same issue. Just bought my truck last Wednesday. Everything else works great. I've got a service appointment scheduled for Saturday morning.

SteinerBBQ

Reaction score
There's another thread with others having same issue.

I went to my dealer yesterday and was there for 4 hours and they couldn't figure it out. I've got a message out to Ram Care to see if they can help escalate since there are several of us with same issue.

Dealer tells me to work with Sirius. Sirius tells me to work with dealer. UConnect tells me everything is good on their end.

Snwjnky

Reaction score
I have this same issue after the last OTA update. Ram is supposed to order me a new radio/module after they couldn't figure it out. I'll try your idea with Sirius.

varnerme

Reaction score
My local dealer ordered a new radio. This was a new one for them. They called both Sirius and Ram. New radio is in and being installed next Thursday - 5/28. Hoping this resolves the issue.

Snwjnky

Reaction score
My local dealer ordered a new radio. This was a new one for them. They called both Sirius and Ram. New radio is in and being installed next Thursday - 5/28. Hoping this resolves the issue.
Let us know how it goes. I'm waiting for a radio also. Worried about radio ID issues with Sirius, and features not being there that are supposed to be.

varnerme

Reaction score
Let us know how it goes. I'm waiting for a radio also. Worried about radio ID issues with Sirius, and features not being there that are supposed to be.
Will do, he said it will have a new radio ID, but they will synchronize the new ID with the VIN and with Sirius directly and everything will be functional. Hoping for success on Thursday!

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Will do, he said it will have a new radio ID, but they will synchronize the new ID with the VIN and with Sirius directly and everything will be functional. Hoping for success on Thursday!

Good to hear that but make sure it working like it supposed to before you leave the shop.

varnerme

Reaction score
Update - new radio is in, SiriusXM working great, everything seems to be function as it should! Did not take very long at all at dealership.

Snwjnky

Reaction score
Update - new radio is in, SiriusXM working great, everything seems to be function as it should! Did not take very long at all at dealership.
Good to hear.

Stopped by my dealership to check on the status of my radio. Still in the works. They told me they program them, and assign the new ID to the VIN before they ship them out. That way it's ready to go once it's installed. I'll still check it out before I leave. They're going to replace the screen protector with a new one as well. I told them I'll install that. I don't want to be mad at anyone but myself if it gets dust under it or goes on crooked.

Been waiting 3 weeks.

varnerme

Reaction score
Good to hear.

Stopped by my dealership to check on the status of my radio. Still in the works. They told me they program them, and assign the new ID to the VIN before they ship them out. That way it's ready to go once it's installed. I'll still check it out before I leave. They're going to replace the screen protector with a new one as well. I told them I'll install that. I don't want to be mad at anyone but myself if it gets dust under it or goes on crooked.

Been waiting 3 weeks.
for what it is worth, I don't think the screen is replaced. My screen appears to be the same, but not sure. I believe the actual radio unit is somewhere hidden behind the dash and it's a matter of unplugging the old unit and plugging in the new one. I'm not 100% sure of this, but think that is the case.

Users who are viewing this thread