5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sirius Guardian stopped working

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed. I hate the thought of having to remove the radio head to swap the telematics module or head unit itself to fix the issue. Everything else works fine with my 12" so I dont want to mess with the hardware.

The real question is are you going to subscribe after the free year long trial is up for $300+/year? If not, then it's really a non issue. My locate feature is hit and miss but I'll be damned if someone will tear my dash apart to fix it.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The real question is are you going to subscribe after the free year long trial is up for $300+/year? If not, then it's really a non issue. My locate feature is hit and miss but I'll be damned if someone will tear my dash apart to fix it.
Most likely not but would like to be able to use the free trial if it's not a big deal to fix. I do like some of the features in Travelink like weather, gas prices...but would never pay that kind of money for the package. The key fob remote is fine for me. I was also thinking if i decide to sell the truck in a few years it's nice to know the truck is Sirius Guardian ready if someone wants to purchase the service. Just some thoughts.

Chris

Reaction score
Most likely not but would like to be able to use the free trial if it's not a big deal to fix. I do like some of the features in Travelink like weather, gas prices...but would never pay that kind of money for the package. The key fob remote is fine for me. I was also thinking if i decide to sell the truck in a few years it's nice to know the truck is Sirius Guardian ready if someone wants to purchase the service. Just some thoughts.
It’s Sirius Guardian ready now (as represented by all of your build sheets, VIN, and vehicle documentation); unless you plan to resubscribe to demonstrate it, then it should not affect the future sale.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s Sirius Guardian ready now (as represented by all of your build sheets, VIN, and vehicle documentation); unless you plan to resubscribe to demonstrate it, then it should not affect the future sale.
Yeah I get it. Just would be nice if it was fixed under warranty so it's in actual working order. Call me crazy.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I get it. Just would be nice if it was fixed under warranty so it's in actual working order. Call me crazy.

I get it and I agree. Had I known how crappy the system was compared to this on my F150, I would have just gotten the 8.4 non-NAV unit. From my perspective, I'd much rather a tech not tear my dash apart causing never ending squeaks and rattles while fixing it. I typically trade every two years, so YMMV.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
From all the videos I have seen it doesn't look like it is that big of a deal. The controls for the heat and ac and the switches that control the park sensors all come out in one piece. Then just some screws for the radio. What I want them to do is for Sirius to completely zero out my account so my vin is no longer in there database. Then I want to re signup knowing all the mistakes that were made the first time. I have a feeling that something on there end could be a problem. It's not like Im not going to ask for an extension on my free trial to cover the lost functionality because I am!

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From all the videos I have seen it doesn't look like it is that big of a deal. The controls for the heat and ac and the switches that control the park sensors all come out in one piece. Then just some screws for the radio. What I want them to do is for Sirius to completely zero out my account so my vin is no longer in there database. Then I want to re signup knowing all the mistakes that were made the first time. I have a feeling that something on there end could be a problem. It's not like Im not going to ask for an extension on my free trial to cover the lost functionality because I am!
Probably not that big of a deal but why risk it until they confirm what needs to be done.

Users who are viewing this thread