5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sirius Guardian stopped working

M

Mdegen93

Just recently all of the features with my Sirius Guardian (auto start, lock) stopped working. Subscription says active, any ideas?

M

Mdegen93

I was on the phone with them for like 30 min. They locked it a couple times on their end. Once they tried to transfer me to their tech dept I got disconnected and didn’t try after

technicholas

Reaction score
I was on the phone with them for like 30 min. They locked it a couple times on their end. Once they tried to transfer me to their tech dept I got disconnected and didn’t try after
I called them 10 times they can do things on their end my end does not work. They opened a ticket with IT

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have no idea why FCA has to go with this company for these features. I was expecting faster than my old ram and its actually slower and less reliable and I didn't think either was possible. Ive been in the mall and press the start ing the app for it to finally work when we are opening the doors and then it cancels out for it to say door opened remote start canceled . I don't understand how theirs is so bad. They need to get with ford and see how they are doing things because theirs is the equivalent of a remote fob. I ht lock on my phone and a second later it's locked.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just recently all of the features with my Sirius Guardian (auto start, lock) stopped working. Subscription says active, any ideas?
Mine worked 3 or 4 times after i first picked up the truck in September. It stopped working shortly thereafter. Called Sirius about 6 times and Mopar 3 or 4. Neither one has a clue yet they can access it from their end. Sirius elevated it but everyone I spoke to was useless. Keyfob works fine. Dealer has no idea what is wrong so they recently cleared the system and rebooted and now my backup camera and Sirius are gone. Go figure.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine worked 3 or 4 times after i first picked up the truck in September. It stopped working shortly thereafter. Called Sirius about 6 times and Mopar 3 or 4. Neither one has a clue yet they can access it from their end. Sirius elevated it but everyone I spoke to was useless. Keyfob works fine. Dealer has no idea what is wrong so they recently cleared the system and rebooted and now my backup camera and Sirius are gone. Go figure.
Btw, I also installed and uninstalled both the Uconnect and Guardian apps about 30 times. Did nothing.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. The app or the website will "only" work within 20 minutes of shutting the truck off. I have talked to Sirius several times and they are telling me I have to take it to the dealer. Everything else works great so I have been hesitant to take it in. I really don't want them tearing my dash apart until they know what they are going to do, as in replace the whole radio or the telematics module.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. The app or the website will "only" work within 20 minutes of shutting the truck off. I have talked to Sirius several times and they are telling me I have to take it to the dealer. Everything else works great so I have been hesitant to take it in. I really don't want them tearing my dash apart until they know what they are going to do, as in replace the whole radio or the telematics module.
DONT take it in for that if you dont to purchase the service once the trial runs out. Everything else worked great on mine but I made the mistake of asking the dealer to look at it while it was in for other stuff and now - no back up or Sirius and who knows what else. I haven't been able to see what else is possibly wrong with it as it's still at the dealer awaiting etorque repairs.

keithf

Reaction score
I have done all the above things just as you have. What is happening is the module is going to sleep and wont wake from the app. The tech support at Sirius gaurdian sent it to the factory and i am being asked to take the truck in and they will contact the factory also. I am not in any way believing this is what will happen at all. If you use the emergency button on the ceiling consule and tell them it is not an emergency but you just need to test the location finder it will work from the app until enough time passes that the module again goes to sleep and cant be awakened. Anoyying at the least. I am looking for any service bullitens before I make the appointment and take the truck in for this service. Any help wil be great

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have done all the above things just as you have. What is happening is the module is going to sleep and wont wake from the app. The tech support at Sirius gaurdian sent it to the factory and i am being asked to take the truck in and they will contact the factory also. I am not in any way believing this is what will happen at all. If you use the emergency button on the ceiling consule and tell them it is not an emergency but you just need to test the location finder it will work from the app until enough time passes that the module again goes to sleep and cant be awakened. Anoyying at the least. I am looking for any service bullitens before I make the appointment and take the truck in for this service. Any help wil be great
I used the emergency button as well and they were able to give my location. Sirius also able to use remote start unlock functions. Nothing works.on my end. Thanks for the info. I am hoping for an update at some point. I wouldn't pay money for the service at this rate.

TooTall

Reaction score

Yes this is what I believe is happening as well.

that's why i would like everyone to try the mopar site or the app themselves within 15 minutes of shutting the truck off to see if it works for them.

TT

keithf

Reaction score
I used the emergency button as well and they were able to give my location. Sirius also able to use remote start unlock functions. Nothing works.on my end. Thanks for the info. I am hoping for an update at some point. I wouldn't pay money for the service at this rate.
I got an update last week that did not change anything except make me have to reprogram my saved stations. Sorry I am not any more help at this point but I an relentless at finding an answer and have been promised that my subcription will be extended because of all the issues. For 67.000 dollars this will be fixed or I will demand the cost of the option be refunded @ right around 2600.00 Dollars.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got an update last week that did not change anything except make me have to reprogram my saved stations. Sorry I am not any more help at this point but I an relentless at finding an answer and have been promised that my subcription will be extended because of all the issues. For 67.000 dollars this will be fixed or I will demand the cost of the option be refunded @ right around 2600.00 Dollars.
Keep us posted on any progress you make. I may also contact Sirius and demand and extension.

Users who are viewing this thread