5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signature lights as drls

Jockeyson

Reaction score
Hey all
On my ram 1500 dt limited 2022
I can’t seem to get my signature lights as drls
I get everything in the coding list on alfaobd
But I don’t see signature light
Has anyone else who also has a 1500 dt limited had the same issue ?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all
On my ram 1500 dt limited 2022
I can’t seem to get my signature lights as drls
I get everything in the coding list on alfaobd
But I don’t see signature light
Has anyone else who also has a 1500 dt limited had the same issue ?
I was never able to get mine to work. But the ones who said they did, said they don't come on unless truck is in drive.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Signature lights are you default DRL unless you changed it? Have a picture of what you currently have? I have a 22 limited and it's top and bottom brows in white.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Signature lights are you default DRL unless you changed it? Have a picture of what you currently have? I have a 22 limited and it's top and bottom brows in white.
Technically they are not considered DRLs because they aren't bright enough. even though they are on.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Technically they are not considered DRLs because they aren't bright enough. even though they are on.
I think it depends on what country and where in it you are.

As far as I know DRL just need to produce light, not required to throw it.

In my state DRL are not required or regulated. Full headlights are required during the rain and low light conditions and the vehicle must be visible at 500 feet.

I thought top brow was DRL and bottom brow was signature lighting, could be mistaken it's been a year since I messed with it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think it depends on what country and where in it you are.

As far as I know DRL just need to produce light, not required to throw it.

In my state DRL are not required or regulated. Full headlights are required during the rain and low light conditions and the vehicle must be visible at 500 feet.

I thought top brow was DRL and bottom brow was signature lighting, could be mistaken it's been a year since I messed with it.
Maybe Limited are different. But the DRLs are the low beam headlights. The "signature lighting" is just an accent. If you turn off your DRL, the signature lights still work. It's a separate configuration,.and setting in alfaOBD

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Maybe Limited are different. But the DRLs are the low beam headlights. The "signature lighting" is just an accent. If you turn off your DRL, the signature lights still work. It's a separate configuration,.and setting in alfaOBD

That's how it is on my Laramie.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bighorn DRLs were lowbeams as well. Mine were halogens though but I switched it to my amber blinkers via Alfa.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Limited and TRX share the same style headlight housings (differnet LED boards and swapped signature light locations)
I think I was mistaken and both are the DRL.
I'm showing mine was set as low beam as DRL, but it also lights up the top brow, if I disable signature lighting it disables the bottom brow but I think the top still shines.
This must be including the low beams themselves.
Last time I touched this was June of 22

Looks like the proper fix for OP is to enable signature lights and disable DRL if he just wants brows running without DRL.

I don't have my truck to test but if an USA Limited the DRL option already shows in UC5 as delectable (Canada Rams are forced on so you need to enable these options first CustSetMenu 1 daytime running lights CSM Present - Yes to make it show in UC5) so just turn DRL off on the head unit and verify that you have the lights you want on.
You headlights will still turn on with auto on the dial when it's dark.

This is the line in Alfaobd, but on a Limited it's already set to yes
Signature Light Present: Yes

If is looking for amber DRL, which on the top is also the signature lighting he would need to change
DRL Lamp Location - Turn Signal DRL
If he doesn't want the bottom white brow with the amber top brow he would set
Signature Light Present: Yes

When headlights are on amber DRL turn off and both brows will be white.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
On all 2019+ DT Ram 1500’s with either style factory LED headlights, and all 2021+ TRX’s, the upper and lower white strips are the signature lights. They are completely different than, and have nothing to do with, the DRLs.

The DRL location on every single 2019+ DT Ram from the factory is the low beam headlamp bulbs- whether it be the halogen headlights, either style LED headlights, TRX, or any country market build. The only other location that can be successfully set via BCM configuration as DRLs on a DT ram is the turn signals.

If there is a radio setting option for daytime running lamps, setting that to no will turn off the DRLs. That means that during daylight, when the headlamp switch is either off or in the auto position, the low beam bulbs will be off, and the only lights that will be on are the upper and lower white signature lamp strips.
IMG_5158.jpeg
IMG_5157.jpeg
IMG_5156.jpeg

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Isn’t there a setting in alpha or jscan to set the fog lamps as drl?

Jockeyson

Reaction score
So from what I’m getting my low beams are meant to be drls ?
On all 2019+ DT Ram 1500’s with either style factory LED headlights, and all 2021+ TRX’s, the upper and lower white strips are the signature lights. They are completely different then, and have nothing to do with, the DRLs.

The DRL location on every single 2019+ DT Ram from the factory is the low beam headlamp bulbs- whether it be the halogen headlights, either style LED headlights, TRX, or any country market build. The only other location that can be successfully set via BCM configuration as DRLs on a DT ram is the turn signals.

If there is a radio setting option for daytime running lamps, setting that to no will turn off the DRLs. That means that during daylight, when the headlamp switch is either off or in the auto position, the low beam bulbs will be off, and the only lights that will be on are the upper and lower white signature lamp strips.
View attachment 162792
View attachment 162793
View attachment 162794

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So from what I’m getting my low beams are meant to be drls ?
Yes. If you want the signature lamps to be the only lights on during the daytime, then just go into radio settings and turn off the daytime running lamps.

n8zcc

Reaction score
Is there a parameter that shows up in AlfaOBD where we can increase the brightness of the signature lighting to act as a DRL?

Dewey

Reaction score
Only way it works is with autostart. As soon as you push the start button to run mode they dim. HD’s are like this normally, not sure why 1500’s had to be different.

FF299D05-79D8-444E-96D3-E2C5FAD57CE5.jpeg
I currently have the amber turn signals as DRL’s activated with my Tazer.

9583DF5F-F1E7-415F-8741-003EFC63A250.png

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Only way it works is with autostart. As soon as you push the start button to run mode they dim. HD’s are like this normally, not sure why 1500’s had to be different.

View attachment 162815
I currently have the amber turn signals as DRL’s activated with my Tazer.

View attachment 162818
Limited has differnet headlights, the top brow which is one of the signature lights shares a housing with the blinker. So if\when OP changes his DRL to blinkers, he is kind of having his top signature light function as DRL using the amber turn signal LEDs.

TLDR: If OP wants his signature lights to act as his DRL then he simply turns off his DRL.

Maybe these pictures make more sense to the placement on a Limited and the combination of settings\lights.

Lights off
1689269799601.png

Headlight and signature lights on
1689270598881-png.162837

DRL set to turn signal, signature light enabled. Headlights off
1689270405274.png

DRL set to turn signal, signature light disabled (else bottom brow would be white like above picture). Headlights off
1689269907925.png

DRL set to low beams signature light disabled. Headlights off (DRL engaged)
1689269957101.png

DRL turned off signature lights enabled. Headlights off
1689270727326.png

Dewey

Reaction score
Limited has differnet headlights, the top brow which is one of the signature lights shares a housing with the blinker. So if\when OP changes his DRL to blinkers, he is kind of having his top signature light function as DRL using the amber turn signal LEDs.

TLDR: If OP wants his signature lights to act as his DRL then he simply turns off his DRL.

Maybe these pictures make more sense to the placement on a Limited and the combination of settings\lights.

Lights off
View attachment 162832

Headlight and signature lights on
1689270598881-png.162837

DRL set to turn signal, signature light enabled. Headlights off
View attachment 162835

DRL set to turn signal, signature light disabled (else bottom brow would be white like above picture). Headlights off
View attachment 162833

DRL set to low beams signature light disabled. Headlights off (DRL engaged)
View attachment 162834

DRL turned off signature lights enabled. Headlights off
View attachment 162840
I forgot to mention mine isn’t a Limited but a Bighorn with the upgraded Premium Lighting Package. Obviously different than Limited headlights.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention mine isn’t a Limited but a Bighorn with the upgraded Premium Lighting Package. Obviously different than Limited headlights.
Yes it's a bit confusing. All the pictures I put are for a Limited which are projector LEDs.

I believe you have the same headlights for any LED on a Ram 1500 except Limited and TRX, so a Laramie would be the same also
TRX and Limited are physically the same at a glance from the outside, but different LED boards and some placements are differnet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online