5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side View Mirrors Reverse Tilt - Intermittent Does Not Return to Normal Position

Grouper

Reaction score
I searched. I see lots of threads complaining that the reverse tilt position is useless. I don't have that problem. I find the reverse tilt position to be very helpful to prevent curb damage to my wheels.

The issue I have is that the passenger side mirror intermittently will not return to the normal position. It stays tilted down in the "reverse" position when the transmission is shifted to Drive. I then have to "manually" (using the electric switch) reposition the mirror.

I found one thread complaining of a similar issue, but that person has the towing mirrors. I do not.

Any others experiencing this?

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I haven't tried it yet in my new truck. I was one of the people who complained about it being useless LOL. I might enable it just to see if they made any improvements. I'll reply here if I notice it not returning to normal. In the meantime you might just have it looked at since it's something that would be covered under warranty.

LouNY

Reaction score
Can't help you with that issue. I tried using the tilt feature but it tilted the mirrors so far that all I could see was the ground.
Couldn't see a trailer or anything behind me except the ground right behind me.
Had to turn it off.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmmmm that is odd. I haven't had that happen to me yet. My mirrors always revert back to their original position eventually. Does it happen every time or just randomly?

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Similar issue with mine. It doesn't stay pointed down, it just doesn't make it all the way back to the original position all the time.

Grouper

Reaction score
The truck is at the dealer for the mirror issue and two other warranty issues. I haven't yet gotten the truck back but regarding the mirror, the service manager texted that "they found a bulletin that states that it is a known issue and they are working on an update to correct it."

So, it appears there is no fix thus far.

X-Wrestler

Reaction score
Mine returns, but every now and then it does this crazy little dance before stopping where it should. Kinda weird, but doesn't happen often enough to make me want to waste my time at the dealership yet.

jimbotron

Reaction score
same issue on mine. the bulletin above is funny, so something will fix it in the future but nothing now. i do just manually put it back to where it belongs with the door controls.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Can't help you with that issue. I tried using the tilt feature but it tilted the mirrors so far that all I could see was the ground.
Couldn't see a trailer or anything behind me except the ground right behind me.
Had to turn it off.
This was my experience also. I back down my driveway that is about 100 yards downhill to my garage. I need to see around me when backing up. I guess it is still habit from driving trucks (real trucks) where you only have mirrors to guide you. Yea, I know, there is a camera. I still can't back up looking at my dash.

I got about half way down my drive and realized I had the tree in the side of the drive lined right up center of my bumper. Back to normal mirrors.

Svt40

Reaction score
Mine did it once. I shut the feature off as it was totally useless. My mirrors are set to see the blind spot between the rear view mirror and the side window so when they look down they saw nothing but dirt at a 45º angle from the truck.

GAscooter

Reaction score
I had this issue. The final fix was the dealer replaced the mirror.

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
I had this issue on my 19 Laramie and now I still have it on my 21 Limited, but not as often so far. I just press the memory 1 button to return it to normal when it happens. Only been the driverside mirror on both trucks.

FirstRam2020

Reaction score
I searched. I see lots of threads complaining that the reverse tilt position is useless. I don't have that problem. I find the reverse tilt position to be very helpful to prevent curb damage to my wheels.

The issue I have is that the passenger side mirror intermittently will not return to the normal position. It stays tilted down in the "reverse" position when the transmission is shifted to Drive. I then have to "manually" (using the electric switch) reposition the mirror.

I found one thread complaining of a similar issue, but that person has the towing mirrors. I do not.

Any others experiencing this?
Same issue for me too. Passenger side is the one that gets stuck in the reverse position intermittently.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Same issue for me too. Passenger side is the one that gets stuck in the reverse position intermittently.
Hi FirstRam2020,
We'd suggest visiting your local dealer to diagnose your concerns. If you need any additional assistance alongside them, feel free to send us a PM. We'd be happy to help.

Sarah
Ram Cares

dschweers

Reaction score
Took mine in 2019 and both mirrors make clicking sound. Service guy said they've had a ton of 2019 doing this. Will take truck back in next week to get new side mirrors.

Users who are viewing this thread