5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

side molding

Reaction score
Your help and advice appreciated. My wife keeps opening her car door and hitting my new RAM. The body side molding from the factory does not protect it. Have you ever heard of anyone adding an additional thin body side molding along the ridge to protect the doors?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I haven’t seen or heard of anyone doing that but I’m sure there’s something out there that could be used .

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably cheaper and easier to have a talk with the wife about watching the door..

Maybe the side mounding that you typically find on the limiteds would help?

Edit: unless that’s what you have then forget what I posted

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Why does she keep doing that, is she mad at you? :p

I'm sure you can find some kind of generic side trim. If you have air suspension and power steps you could do what I do when I'm parking in a tight parking lot. Raise the suspension to off-road 2 and deploy the steps. Most cars don't have doors high enough to clear the steps, so their door will hit the step and not damage my paint.

FM45

Reaction score
here--

perfect fit and color match ...

-=FM45=-

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is a link to the company that I used.

The link is for the painted version. I went with the chrome.

Passenger_Side_Color_Lugs.png

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Your help and advice appreciated. My wife keeps opening her car door and hitting my new RAM. The body side molding from the factory does not protect it. Have you ever heard of anyone adding an additional thin body side molding along the ridge to protect the doors?
I think it's time to trade in your wife for a newer model.....she is clearly out of warranty ;)

Swicago

Reaction score
As someone else said, get it lifted and add some nice steel tubes. That will be the end of the door hitting your ride.

Users who are viewing this thread