5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Side mirror question.

stancedeuros

Reaction score
on mine it is fixed and USELESS. If one could turn adjust it it could be usefull, I put a $2 round adjustable one over it
Agreed. If I could move it down a little to be able to see parking lines when backing in, I would love it. I've added adjustable ones on every other truck due to that one need.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
my Limited does blind the 2 outside mirrors, but not the small piece on the mirror unfortunately.

KCURTMAR91

Reaction score
Agreed. If I could move it down a little to be able to see parking lines when backing in, I would love it. I've added adjustable ones on every other truck due to that one need.
Yep, me too. FWIW you can (on my model at least) set the mirrors to tilt down to see the rear wheels automatically when in reverese, but there does not seem be any adjustment of how far they tilt and for me they tilt too far so I turned off that feature

dustinb80

Reaction score
Newby to this forum, but not forums in general.

Just got my 2023 Ram 1500 Limited about 2 weeks ago. Went with the Night Edition which lists having "Auto Dimming Exterior Driver Side Mirror". Odd to me that they dont do both mirrors on the Limited package. Even my 2019 Laramie had them both. Anyways, chose the tow mirrors, not knowing that by doing so I would lose the dimming feature. W/ the tow mirrors, I dont have the option of adjusting the "Spotter" mirror, again odd. I just sold my 2020 2500 Laramie (Traded in the 2019 1500 b/c I was now towing an RV) and it had a button to allow the adjustment. Frustrated b/c now I dont have dimming exterior mirror(s) nor do I have the ability to adjust the spotter mirror on the tow mirrors. B/C I drive to work so early in the morning, the dimming feature is more beneficial to me than the tow mirrors. Working with the dealership now to iron this **** out.

1675340958052.png

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Newby to this forum, but not forums in general.

Just got my 2023 Ram 1500 Limited about 2 weeks ago. Went with the Night Edition which lists having "Auto Dimming Exterior Driver Side Mirror". Odd to me that they dont do both mirrors on the Limited package. Even my 2019 Laramie had them both. Anyways, chose the tow mirrors, not knowing that by doing so I would lose the dimming feature. W/ the tow mirrors, I dont have the option of adjusting the "Spotter" mirror, again odd. I just sold my 2020 2500 Laramie (Traded in the 2019 1500 b/c I was now towing an RV) and it had a button to allow the adjustment. Frustrated b/c now I dont have dimming exterior mirror(s) nor do I have the ability to adjust the spotter mirror on the tow mirrors. B/C I drive to work so early in the morning, the dimming feature is more beneficial to me than the tow mirrors. Working with the dealership now to iron this **** out.
My 2022 limited has both dimming.
The 2023s they removed a bunch of things because they think we aren't paying enough.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I double checked and redid a build, added the "Red" package, has both dimming mirrors. F*ckers
I wanted the red things but I don't want to be involved with anything that is from Bono.
I also don't need "TM" after the word Ram.

Oddly I don't see how you are adding the red package since it's not offered on the 2023s? At least not showing for me.

On 2023 it says the night edition adds ($4,145)
  • Automatic-Dimming Exterior Driver Mirror

Night edition on a 2022 it adds ($3,995)
  • Automatic-Dimming Exterior Passenger-Mirror

Less features for more money.

dustinb80

Reaction score
I wanted the red things but I don't want to be involved with anything that is from Bono.

Oddly I don't see how you are adding the red package since it's not offered on the 2023s? At least not showing for me.

I see that as well, but it is available on the TRX level

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have found three build sheets (for 2023) that list "(Red) Edition".

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score

The Driver Dimming mirror is standard on the Limited not sure why it's even listed as an addition with Night Package. This from Standard Features on the build site.

1675484753354.png

St-na

Reaction score
I have both my mirror with dimming, but I tried to switch dimming off, just to make sure it's working. I fill no any difference between on/off. I have a filling that they are always dimmed at night. Any other way to check this function?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have both my mirror with dimming, but I tried to switch dimming off, just to make sure it's working. I fill no any difference between on/off. I have a filling that they are always dimmed at night. Any other way to check this function?
Put black tape over the mirror sensor facing the windshield. It will dim even in daytime.

St-na

Reaction score
Put black tape over the mirror sensor facing the windshield. It will dim even in daytime.
Passenger side dimming not working, I have recently replace this mirror with all the functions, including dimming. What can be the reason?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
My side mirrors don't dim at night until the light input is very high.
Are you sure that works covering the review mirror for the sides?

I have been on the highway in pitch black and my side view mirrors will not dim with some headlights, but others it will dim (you can tell by the outside edge of the mirror)

St-na

Reaction score

I have been on the highway in pitch black and my side view mirrors will not dim with some headlights, but others it will dim (you can tell by the outside edge of the mirror)
I have covered the mirror sensor by finger and clearly noted cabin and driver side mirrors dimming. It's very clear, both became very dark, no any reaction on passenger side.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have covered the mirror sensor by finger and clearly noted cabin and driver side mirrors dimming. It's very clear, both became very dark, no any reaction on passenger side.
Interesting. I just drove home and it's dark and both of my side view mirrors did not dim, but I know for a fact they work.
Sounds like you either don't have it connected, or have the wrong glass installed, you can pop off the glass and check the connections there are 4.

vincentw56

Reaction score

Yep, I know it works. When I installed my comma on the windshield, it caused it to stop working. My work around was to put the tape over it and control it manually through the settings.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Passenger side dimming not working, I have recently replace this mirror with all the functions, including dimming. What can be the reason?
I do not know unless there is a setting in the BCM that needs set.

St-na

Reaction score
Yep, I know it works. When I installed my comma on the windshield, it caused it to stop working. My work around was to put the tape over it and control it manually through the settings.
Had the same suspicious Yesterday. When I am driving at night, I see no differences between all 3. Wouldn't say it's bad, quite comfortable, unless someone right behind me with very bright headlights. I do not like very much idea with the tape, will try attached solution.

Attachments

• 20230506_135547.jpg
    20230506_135547.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20230506_135513.jpg
    20230506_135513.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread